District Training Officer (Voluntary) - Bristol
As a volunteer working as a district training officer you will be working within a team with the district training lead and other district training officers, provide the link between the regional training function and the district, enabling the district to develop an effective training plan which meets clearly identified organisational needs and support the implementation of that plan.
- Contribute to the formulation of the district element of the regional training plan, ensuring that the regional plan takes full account of the operational needs of the district.
- Ensure that the training within the district takes place according to plan, ensuring targets are achieved and consistency of quality is maintained.
- To lead the learning needs analysis and training delivery for specific areas of the district, in partnership with trainers, assessors, area managers; unit managers and unit training leads.
- To liaise with the internal standards and verification lead and members of the regional training team to ensure that training is scheduled to meet the operational requirements of the district.
- Report to and attend regular regional training meetings and appropriate district/ area level meetings.
- Contribute to the internal training budget planning and monitoring processes.
- Working with the district training lead and other district training officers to provide a point of contact for training queries within the district, including engagement with area managers, unit managers, unit training leads and other functions
- Ensure volunteer training is scheduled to meet the operational needs of the district, liaising with other members of the regional training & community projects function as appropriate.
- To actively participate in the recruitment, retention and support development of volunteer trainers and assessors.
- Attend CPD events as required, to maintain own competence and knowledge relevant to the role and to maintain personal development records.
- Assist the training and community projects manager and district training lead prepare internal audit as necessary.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Skills you will develop are: time and people management; coaching & mentoring; volunteer development reviews and learning & training needs analysis.
Approximately 10 hours a week including evenings and weekends