Please read this ESSENTIAL INSTRUCTION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY before reading the job description below.
When you click on the Apply button later down this form, you will be taken to a page where you can upload documents.
You MUST UPLOAD TWO DOCUMENTS in order for your application to be considered:
1. your CV
2. a covering letter explaining why you want the job
Unfortunately we cannot consider your application at all if any of these is missing.
This is a standalone position and you will proactively keep all workforce data safe, current and accurate. Responsible for managing the day to day HR issues of the organisation, including the implementation of processes and procedures for the entire workforce which will include employees, casual workers and apprentices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Work closely with line managers, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures, including all terms and conditions of employment, in line with best practice.
- Review and issue all HR policies and processes in line with legislative changes, liaising with external advisors to the Company to make appropriate and effective amendments.
- Leading and support recruitment and selection strategies, ensuring on-line applications work efficiently. Develop job descriptions and person specifications, advertising, interview questions etc.
- Carry out all pre employment procedures including pre –medical appointment, offer letter, contract, DBS applications if required, references, medical history, emergency contact details, ID and qualifications.
- Follow up completed probationary forms and prepare relevant correspondence to employees.
- Evaluate and organise cost-effective employee training and perform new starter inductions, recording all attainments on the HR system.
- Implement and perform new starter inductions.
- Update and maintain employee records via the online HR system.
- Organise appraisal reviews, ensuring records have been uploaded onto the HR system with the objectives being set.
- Interpret and advise on employment legislation.
- Oversee staff attendance, timekeeping, rotas and absence management ensuring self- certification forms and return to work forms are recorded on the HR system.
- Prepare all required documentation related to any changes to terms and conditions, and administration of types of leave i.e. maternity, paternity, jury service etc.
- Administer financial elements such as payroll, benefits and pension schemes, advising any issues, including renewal negotiations.
- Advise current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Manage talent and succession planning by developing strategies with line managers, taking into consideration immediate and long term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation, including regular communication to all employees and developing programmes of information and social events.
- Manage complex employee relations including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, retirement and incorporate minute taking.
- Organise exit interviews ensuring relevant forms are completed and uploaded onto the HR system.
- Maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
- Other duties as required to ensure the Company is run effectively.
To be able to apply for this position you must have the legal right to work in the UK and therefore we will only consider applicants that fulfil this requirement.