Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
I am currently working with one of the leading higher education organisations’ in the UK, who are looking to recruit an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer on a permanent basis.
The post holder will proactively advise and support Schools in developing applications and respective actions plans for external equality accreditations. This role will seek to address issues of intersectionality and implement Faculty-wide actions to address other areas of EDI, including race equality, disability and sexuality.
The main accountabilities held within this role will include:
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the accreditation requirements for Athena SWAN and, along with the Equality Diversity and Inclusion Manager, support Schools in understanding the accreditation requirements.
- Support Schools in the development and review of action plans to deliver EDI activities.
- Provide Faculty-level information to the University Equality Diversity and Inclusion Manager for the submission of institution-level chartermark applications.
- Monitor progress of Schools within the accreditation cycle, coordinating on common actions and facilitating good communication and coherence across the Faculty wherever appropriate.
- Support School EDI committees/SAT teams with the write up of their submission in terms of content, formatting and continuity of documentation, particularly where Schools have multiple authors.
- Critically review and constructively comment on Faculty Athena SWAN award applications.
If you are looking for your next assignment and have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your application ASAP to be considered for this exciting opportunity.