Training & Development Manager
To provide a comprehensive training and development service to JTL involving research, design, delivery and management of Company training and development activities in accordance with organisational requirements. Contribute to the strategic direction and development of training and succession planning within the Company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the team ensuring they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Manage the planning, design and implementation/delivery of training and development requirements to support the company’s strategic and business plans and to ensure that staff have the necessary skills to meet their objectives, continuing professional development (CPD), and the opportunities to develop to the maximum of their potential.
- Develop an overall, role specific or individualised training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Responsible for the IIP project ensuring continuous progress towards achievement of the action plan and successful reassessment.
- Responsible for the company training budget, ensuring it is deployed appropriately and monitored.
- Responsible for the training data for all staff, ensuring it complies with current data protection rules and that it is accurate and available for inspection by authorities such as Ofsted.
- Responsible for the provision to the EMT of training management information on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the process of evaluation of all learning and development activities and the production of timely and effective evaluation reports that detail return on investment and changes to programme.
- Membership of JTL’s senior management team (SMT).
- Graduate, Chartered CIPD or equivalent or significant current verifiable experience in the training and development field
- Educated to A ‘level standard with at least 5 good GCSEs or equivalent, including math and English
- Proven learning and development experience, including extensive training delivery
- Proven people management experience, including remote management
- Good working knowledge of the Investors in People Standard
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong computer and database skills, with strong writing and record-keeping ability for reports and training materials
- Proven experience with learning management systems
- Driving licence and use of a car
- BPS Level A and/or B
- VLE material design
- Assessor or Internal Verification qualifications