District HR Lead - Voluntary - Worcester
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
As a District HR Lead, you will use your experience and/or education in HR to support managers in doing the best possible job of managing the volunteers in your area. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues as well as supporting change initiatives. You will potentially supervise a small team of District HR Officers.
- Assist the District Manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district including coaching and mentoring volunteer managers
- As a team provide a single point of contact for HR related queries within the district
- Supervise and support a team of HR volunteers in delivering HR support to volunteer managers within the district
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of Area Managers and Unit Managers within your district
- Train volunteer managers in HR specific subjects including volunteer development reviews
- Working with the district leadership team to implement and operating people procedures including (but not limited too): - Supporting volunteer recognition - Supporting volunteer development reviews and volunteer development - Supporting the process of induction of new volunteers
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area
- Proactively engage in improving the volunteer’ experience of SJA
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Expected time commitment: 40 hours a month (primarily 10 hours per week)
From your initial application of interest, you will be invited to apply online.
The closing date for online applications is Monday 10th June 2019 and interviews will be held on Monday 24th June 2019.
This is a volunteer role and is unpaid although there are some expenses that may be claimed. This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.