Director of Employment Services
3 days left
- Full Time
There are over 235,000 students studying in Scotland’s colleges each year from all backgrounds with over 95% who achieve their qualifications moving onto positive destinations of further study, training, or employment.
Colleges Scotland is a membership organisation that acts as the collective voice for the college sector in Scotland. We represent three regional strategic bodies and all 26 colleges in Scotland. Our primary role is to support colleges and regional strategic bodies in achieving their aims and objectives, and to cultivate the strength of the college sector in Scotland.
As well as being the policy organisation, Colleges Scotland is also the Employers’ Association which is a forum through which National Bargaining is being implemented by the college sector. The Employers’ Association is jointly responsible for implementing National Bargaining in partnership with the trade unions.
Ensuring Colleges Scotland Employers’ Association effectively supports members to achieve their collective ambitions, the Director of Employment Services will operate at a national level and lead the National Bargaining agenda.
Key priorities of the role include:
- Develop and secure agreement on both a strategic and operational level to support the national programme of National Bargaining.
- Through the negotiation mechanisms, establish and deliver appropriate pay and grading models for Scotland’s colleges.
- Establish and agree national conditions of service.
- Successfully deliver a National Scheme of Job Evaluation.
- Establish and implement a new process for the professional registration of lecturers.
- Develop a national training and development plan to deliver a sustainable college workforce, fit for the future.
- Ensure effective interaction with the Scottish Government, Scottish Funding Council and other key stakeholders.
As a professional, your track record will evidence strong success in employment legislation knowledge encompassing: pay systems, pay bargaining, employment relations, workforce development systems and benchmarking processes.
It is anticipated that you will be a highly skilled negotiator with a record of achieving successful outcomes as well as having experience of leading the development, implementation and delivery of strategies and large scale projects.
As a member of the Colleges Scotland senior management team, it is essential that you are an inspirational leader who performs at the highest of levels.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity that will directly support a sector involved in increasing inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Scotland. To learn more about the role, please contact Douglas Adam at Livingston James, our retained advisors, on 0131 220 2209
All third party introductions will be forwarded to Livingston James
Apply for Director of Employment Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly