My Public Sector Client requires a dynamic, talented and experienced HR Consultant to join them for a period of 6-10 during a period of significant change. HR & OD is at the core of this contract, leading the development of the HR & OD, the HR Consultant role is key to supporting delivery of the organisations strategic and operational HR goals.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Director of HR & OD to deliver the HR work programme including strategic projects, reviewing practices and capabilities and building a strong performance management culture.
- Support a programme of culture change and lead complex employee relations case work.
- Support a programme of work to centralise the HR & OD function across the council including preparing consultation documents, consultation meetings, selection and helping to set up new functions.
- Take a proactive role in development of the People Plan and Organisational Development Strategy, leading elements of implementation as well as other major change programmes designated by the Director of HR & OD. Turn strategies into real action and plans that are aligned to business goals.
- Ensure HR is thought-partnering by working with managers to maximise talent and people capabilities, assessing whether skills are fit for purpose. Utilise effective talent management, succession and workforce planning techniques.
- Provide active leadership on HR issues such as recruitment, reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organisational development and change, continuous improvement, culture, leadership as well as learning and development.
It is highly desirable that you have experience at a senior level with operational and strategic HR experience and possess knowledge of Local Government including working with Members and Trade Unions. The successful candidate will have experience in supporting the development and implementation of People strategies and associated action plans.
You must know and understand the business and identify how HR & OD can best contribute to its success, particularly whilst going through a period of organisational change. You must have a good understanding of the role and experience of carrying out this role within a Public Sector organisation.