Training Portfolio Manager
Training Portfolio Manager
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Training Analysis & Design team scope and validate training requirements across the organisation which are the outcome of various forums or reviews that have taken place. The team will analyse the learning needs to inform a new training design or maintain existing designs.
This team would be suitable for individuals that are passionate about training process analysis.
A customer facing role where you will be accountable for all current course offerings within your discipline and the robust evaluation of future training and development requirements in order to establish and maintain Network Rail Training’s reputation as the provider of choice for internal & external customers.
This role would be ideal for an experienced project manager with L&D expertise.
- Proactively identify and evaluate all new training requests from internal and external customers for commercial value and/or business success criteria.
- Collaborate with Senior Learning Designer and Media Development Manager in negotiating resource allocations.
- Be accountable for course catalogue and system data relating to assigned portfolio.
- Manage course pilot activities, sign off processes, and lead all post-implementation training evaluation activities.
- Establish and maintain contacts and business relationships with key stakeholders (Professional heads, Discipline Managers IP) and technical training experts for assigned portfolio.
- Conduct relevant meetings and workshops for business as usual and major change programmes, identifying and gathering advance business intelligence on new training projects.
- Develop requirements for the approval and audit of third party training providers for the delivery of technical and safety training relating to the assigned discipline(s)/asset(s).
- Define and lead projects for establishing of training requirements and be accountable for the outputs of the Learning Designers.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in designing, developing, and implementing creative, innovative and effective learning and development solutions, across a diverse range of disciplines and delivery methods.
- Demonstrable leadership and stakeholder capabilities.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability when striving for results, whilst consistently role-modelling core behaviours of collaboration and customer-centred decision making.
- Ability to assess and challenge risky or unsafe actions, or poor behaviours of others.
- A relevant learning and development qualification (eg, CIPD L&D) or evidence of demonstrable equivalent experience.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website: https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search reference: IRC2153192