Training Evaluation Analyst
Training Evaluation Analyst
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Development & Technology Enhanced Learning team own the design and development of skills-based training materials for both internal and external customers. With an input into new training requirements through to the review and updating of existing training materials, they oversee the process from initial learning outcome request through design to evaluation & completion. A customer facing team who are focused on providing innovative and creative training solutions and ideas, from animation through to virtual reality.
Working closely with the Evaluation Manager directing the evaluation strategy, monitoring performance and reporting on compliance. Evaluate business benefits of NR training and implement improvements to training and assessment.
You will need to be a people person with excellent communication skills as you will be engaging with both internal & external customers/stakeholders in order to review, identify and implement improvements to the analysis, design and development of training programmes.
On occasion you will be required to travel to meet with stakeholders.
- Develop, through analysis, business improvement requirements for the Network Rail Training strategy to meet customer expectations
- Implement best practice for the evaluation of reaction, learning, behaviour, results and trend analysis to improve learning outcomes
- Identify and implement improvements to the analysis, design and development of current training programmes by analysing evaluation data and feeding back.
- Manage an assurance and evaluation risk register to allow analysis, planning and mitigation within projects, to set and meet challenging deadlines.
- Plan and maintain new training event reviews to enforce an effective feedback mechanism, monitoring trainer compliance to maintain the highest standard of learner experience
- Manage a cross function evaluation communication plan to understand and apply consistent practice across NRT and other business areas, providing a collaborated approach with partners and customers
- Evaluate the impact of the training and competence framework on the business to provide targeted change proposals for the NRT Quality Management and Continuous Improvement process
- Use analysis to provide baseline spending and revenue reports to inform the strategic direction of Network Rail Training and to aid customer centric business planning.
- Actively build relationships with Rail Industry bodies to promote cross-industry co-operation and realise cross-industry benefits.
- Benchmark Network Rail training activity with external rail training providers to identify performance improvements and business opportunities within the external rail training market
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of quality assurance processes
- Recognised process improvement skills/expertise
- Good understanding of risk assessment/management
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good information management skills
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website and search reference: IRC2153146