Training Standards Co-ordinator
Training Standards Co-ordinator
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Training Analysis & Design team scope and validate training requirements across the organisation which are the outcome of various forums or reviews that have taken place. The team will analyse the learning needs to inform a new training design or maintain existing designs.
This team would be suitable for individuals that are passionate about process analysis across training solutions.
This role will be working closely with the Training Standards Manager and will be responsible for co-ordinating development activity to refine and maintain the suite of training and competence standards and control documents, which will ensure a consistent and quality approach to training and competence provision for both the internal and external market.
- Maintain the suite of training and competence standards and control documents, to ensure the business and NR Training develop high quality, safe, competence and training procedures
- To be the point of contact within NR Training for the production and submission of variations to training and competence standards, monitoring and periodically reporting progress against action plans, to ensure compliance with NR Training standards can be met
- To be the deputy for the Training Standards Manager role, with regards to standards proposals, consultations within the business, and for the development of new standards
- Prepare cascade briefing packs for changes relating to training standards for the business, to ensure the successful implementation of changes to standards
- Provide advice on the technical content and application of Network Rail Training Standards to internal and business wide departments, to ensure consistent application of the standards
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and competence standards by undertaking specific analysis or audit and compliance data, to inform improvement projects
- Undertake administrative duties with the Training Standards Manager for the management of the training standards publications
- Provide learning and development expertise to ensure the activities of the department in the provision of high-quality training and competence provision
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of training regulations, standards and processes
- Management of administrative systems
- Experience in implementation of relevant standards
- CIPD L&D Level 5, or equivalent experience
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website: https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search reference: IRC2153201