Training Portfolio Manager (Systems)
Training Portfolio Manager (Systems)
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Development & Technology Enhanced Learning team own the design and development of skills-based training materials for both internal and external customers. With an input into new training requirements through to the review and updating of existing training materials, they oversee the process from initial learning outcome request through design to evaluation & completion. A customer facing team who are focused on providing innovative and creative training solutions and ideas, from animation through to virtual reality.
A brand-new position that has been created within the team which has direct input into the Senior Leadership Team. The role has a strong transformational focus relating to training systems where you will be customer facing, with both internal and external customers, and engaging with business partners to review current systems, identify improvements and provide recommendations.
Must have a good understanding of various competence management and training systems.
- Proactively identify and evaluate all new training requests from internal and external customers for commercial value and/or business success criteria.
- Collaborate with Senior Learning Designer and Multi-Media Development Manager in negotiating resource allocations.
- Be accountable for course catalogue and system data relating to assigned portfolio.
- Manage course pilot activities, sign off processes, and lead all post-implementation training evaluation activities.
- Establish and maintain contacts and business relationships with key stakeholders (Professional heads, Discipline Managers IP) and technical training experts for assigned portfolio.
- Lead relevant meetings and workshops for business as usual and major change programmes, identifying and gathering advance business intelligence on new training projects.
- Develop requirements for the approval and audit of third party training providers for the delivery of technical and safety training relating to the assigned discipline(s)/asset(s).
- Define and lead projects for establishing of training requirements and be accountable for the outputs of the Learning Designers.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in designing, developing, and implementing creative, innovative and effective learning and development solutions, across a diverse range of disciplines and delivery methods.
- Demonstrable leadership and stakeholder capabilities.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability when striving for results, whilst consistently role-modelling core behaviours of collaboration and customer-centred decision making.
- Ability to assess and challenge risky or unsafe actions, or poor behaviours of others.
- A relevant learning and development qualification (eg, CIPD L&D) or evidence of demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate experience in project management.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website: https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search reference: IRC2153148