Training Evaluation Manager
Training Evaluation Manager
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Development & Technology Enhanced Learning team own the design and development of skills-based training materials for both internal and external customers. With an input into new training requirements through to the review and updating of existing training materials, they oversee the process from initial learning outcome request through design to evaluation & completion. A customer facing team who are focused on providing innovative and creative training solutions and ideas, from animation through to virtual reality.
A brand-new role that has been created within the team that will be focused on developing and implementing a training evaluation strategy in order to measure training impact and return on investment.
You will be working closely with business leaders and customers therefore will need strong leadership and stakeholder relationship skills.
This position would be well suited to a Quality Assurance Specialist with a background within training.
- With business leaders, review, link and document business improvement requirements against Professional Development and Training strategy, content & delivery.
- Develop, promulgate and manage a validation process to measure and review business performance. (Ultimate Evaluation - Measure the business ROI for Training))
- Evaluate impact of training and competence framework on the business and provide targeted change proposals for Professional Development and Training Total Quality Management / Continuous Improvement process.
- Provide baseline assumptions for Professional Development and Training business planning.
- Develop and implement effective reaction, immediate, intermediate and ultimate evaluation processes.
- Develop, implement and manage a cross function evaluation communication plan
- Manage an Assurance/evaluation risk register
- Source best practice processes for training evaluation, including benchmarking Network Rail activity with external providers.
- Actively build relationships with Rail Industry bodies to promote cross-industry co-operation and realise cross-industry benefits.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience of managing competence validation systems in safety critical industries.
- Strong leadership and hands-on management skills developed in a change orientated business environment.
- Strong partnership working and customer responsive attitude.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website: https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search reference: IRC2153145