Media Project Manager
Media Project Manager
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Development & Technology Enhanced Learning team own the design and development of skills-based training materials for both internal and external customers. With an input into new training requirements through to the review and updating of existing training materials, they oversee the process from initial learning outcome request through design to evaluation & completion. A customer facing team who are focused on providing innovative and creative training solutions and ideas, from animation through to virtual reality.
A project management role where you will be managing the co-ordination of the design & development of projects, across all media types. You will be required to recommend creative solutions and project manage the end to end process from design through to publication.
Ideal role for someone with project management experience along with the required media knowledge.
- Recommend creative, cost effective solutions to support learning and development projects as defined by the Training Analysis and Design team.
- Project manage the end-to-end process of design, authoring, formatting, quality assurance, testing, and publication of learning resources across the full media spectrum including (but not limited to) face-to-face materials, trainer guides, end of course hand-outs, animations, simulations, video, audio, etc. to agreed time, budget, and quality standards.
- Lead working groups of subject matter experts and internal or external development resources to agree product specifications, technical requirements, and deliverables.
- Communicate project progress as required to the relevant Portfolio Manager, the Network Rail Training senior leadership team, subject matter experts, and suppliers as appropriate.
- Control outputs to certify that prevailing Network Rail safety, branding, design, accessibility, and diversity and inclusion policies, as well as technical guidelines are consistently applied. Maintain an audit trail of draft materials, and records that final versions have been proof-read and approved prior to publication.
- Identify and consolidate best practice development tools to develop training materials.
- Continuously review the effectiveness of development processes, seeking opportunities to improve effectiveness and incorporating lessons learned into future projects.
- Take appropriate and timely action to identify and address any skills, capability, or behavioural development needs so that productivity and quality are not compromised.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in designing, developing and publishing effective training and development products, using a variety of authoring and/or design software packages, such as (but not limited to) Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate, Captivate, and HTML
- Demonstrable knowledge of instructional design principles
- Experience of managing successful projects including evidence of successful internal and external subject matter expert and supplier relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate personal accountability when striving for results, whilst consistently role-modelling core behaviours of collaboration and customer-centred decision making
- Ability to assess and challenge risky or unsafe actions, or poor behaviours of others
- A qualification in Instructional Design or Multi-Media, or demonstrable relevant experience
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Closing date: 28.06.19
Please follow the link and apply, alternatively please visit our careers website: https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search reference: IRC2153136