Senior Payroll Administrator
Although Emmanuel College is part of the University of Cambridge, the relationship between College and University is academic rather than administrative. In all matters relating to finance and staff management, the College is completely autonomous. Staff are directly employed by the College, which handles all contractual and personnel matters. The College is a registered charity, with the members of the College Council as its Trustees; it is subject to supervision by the Charity Commission.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced payroll professional to join a small, but busy, HR and Payroll team processing the College payrolls.
Working within a small HR and Payroll team, the Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for the efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processing of two monthly payrolls for approximately 60 Academics and 150 staff whilst ensuring the utmost confidentiality at all times. The payroll is currently in the transition of moving from “Omnilink” supplied by Payroll Services Cambridge (PSC) to PyramidHR.
The College Terms and Conditions of Employment provide for:
- 25 days’ annual holiday for full-time positions (pro rata for part-time posts), in addition to statutory and bank holidays.
- membership of a contributory pension scheme (employees’ contributions at the rate of 8% of gross pay); a salary sacrifice scheme is available for some schemes.
- College sick pay scheme that provides payment whilst staff are incapacitated due to ill health.
- The salary will be in the range £25,341 - £30,107, depending on experience, payable monthly.
Other benefits include:
- Meal is available at lunch time at College expense.
- Travel to work loan scheme.
- Car parking in central Cambridge.
- Access to the College Gym and swimming pool.
- Full-time position for a total of 36 hours, 40 minutes per week, worked in accordance with a flexi-time scheme from Monday to Friday, although the demands of this post may involve working outside of and in addition to these hours.
- Various discount schemes are available from local traders.
Please click the apply button where you’ll be re-directed to our website.
Closing date: 5pm Tuesday 25 June 2019
The College is an Equal Opportunities Employer