Senior Reward Advisor - Benefits
2 days left
- Full Time
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The HR team are based across our network of 8 offices but the main presence is in Cheltenham and Bristol. It provides a full HR service to the Firm encompassing HR Operations, Reward, Talent Acquisition, People Development and Employee Relations.
The Reward team covers all aspects of remuneration and benefits for our employees – from company-wide processes such as the annual salary review, bonus and flexible benefits through to managing the payroll and general day-to-day employee pay and benefit queries.
About the person
- It is essential that you will have experience of managing a broad range of employee benefits including pensions
- Also essential is payroll experience - including statutory calculations plus family-friendly and sickness alongisde taxation
- General reward experience including advising on complex calculations and supporting pay changes
- HR experience - you need to haveworked within an HR role so understand broader contractual and legislative requirements
- Technical skills - highly competency in Excel (manipulation of data and reporting), excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills plus strong relationship management skills
About the role
Due to growth across our Firm, we're delighted to be recruiting for an additional member of staff in to a brand new role. The main role of the Senior Rewards Advisor - Benefits will be to support the benefits programme within the business, oversee the Payroll function and to deputise for the Reward and Benefits Manager.
The payroll provision is run by an external bureau but requires close management and this role will oversee the internal payroll team who instruct the bureau. The role will lead on the operational benefits activities and work with the other members of the Reward team to share knowledge to provide a high quality service to employees and Partners.
Responsibilities can be broken down in to benefits, payroll, pensions and projects and will include:
- Overseeing the operation of the Company’s flexible benefits
- Reviewing benefits specific to Barnett Waddingham and recommending changes and improvements
- Overseeing insurance policy terms and premiums
- Working with our in-house team of benefit consultants to ensure our practices are market-leading and innovative
- Providing expert advice on benefit queries to the business, employees and Partners
- Develop and embed our family friendly policies and processes
- Monitoring and review policies and practices and proactively recommend new and innovative solutions including options for high earners
- Advising on complex benefit implications and actions as a result of sickness, TUPE and GIP
- Completing benefit surveys and interpret results for our business
- Understand tax positions of benefits and the salary exchange implications
- Advise Payroll team on complex employee cases such as for sickness, GIP, leavers
- Ensure yearly reporting (e.g. P11D, P60s) is carried out on time and in line with HMRCs deadline
- Manage payroll service provider relationship
- Supervise the payroll team including regular 1:1s and setting and reviewing objectives.
- Support the Payroll and Reward Advisor with pension related activities
- Oversee auto-enrolment processes including re-enrolment process
- Liaise with supplier on service and employee issues
- Ensure the company’s pension documentation and communication with employees is accurate and up-to-date
- Supporting Payroll changes – reviewing provision, payrolling benefits
- New HR System
- New HR intranet
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
- Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
- Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
- Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities