Reach Volunteering are working with People First Dorset. They are seeking a HR professional to join their strong board of professional and friendly Trustees.
Our trustees work as a team. We seek trustees who are able to speak up, as their expertise, thoughts and opinions are essential.
We expect our trustees to:
- understand our purposes as set out in our governing document and make sure we follow it.
- have read the 3 NCVO ‘Good Trustees Guide’ leaflets
- be able to support our aims and objectives.
- understand how we support people as a charity
- comply with charity law and other laws that apply to us
- attend trustee meetings unless there is a good reason they are unable to.
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives People First Dorset and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the organisation complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objectives, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
In addition to the main responsibilities, we are seeking a trustee with HR experience who can:
- ensure that People First Dorset is legally compliant with current employment legislation
- advise on good practice in staffing and HR matters
- provide strategic oversight of any future restructure and impact on HR
- overview and review policies and procedures relating to HR.
- Proven experience of HR management
- Experience in employment law issues
- Experience of performance management
What difference will you make?
We are a small charity but still need a strong board to govern the charity, and ensure we are able to continue supporting and making a positive difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will be making a significant difference to helping enrich the lives of a group of vulnerable individuals, who need support throughout their lives. You will be joining a very friendly charity, known for providing extremely high quality work and in a professional manner. We have strong, established and positive relationships with many other organisations and supporters – including our funders, the local authority, health providers and other organisations we work alongside. No one day is the same.
How to apply
Applications to be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Closing date for applications: 26th July 2019.
Apply for HR Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly