Equality & Diversity Manager
I am currently working with one of the leading higher education organisations’ in the UK, who are looking to recruit an Equality& Diversity Manager on a Fixed term contract.
The post holder will manage and develop the University’s equality, diversity and inclusion agenda. Establish priorities and put in place plans to ensure the agenda is delivered and that the organisation complies with its statutory and non-statutory commitments. Advise and influence key stakeholders, committees and networks.
This role will be a focal point of Equality and Diversity activity managing both the Equality and Diversity strategy and Athena SWAN Action Plan at institution-level.
The main accountabilities held within this role will include:
- Overseeing and managing ED&I activity across the Institution across all protected characteristics.
- Researching, developing and delivering strategic EDI action plans, ensuring that the plans support the University’s overall strategy.
- Provide and implement equality and diversity advice and guidance, covering staff, students and visitors’ needs with reference to relevant legislation and working collaboratively with all key stakeholders
- Produce reports providing advice/ creative solutions for consideration at senior university level
- Overseeing the Athena SWAN, Race Equality Charter
- Make a constructive and proactive contribution to the implementation and formulation of University policy to consider relevant EDI issues.
- Experience of managing and delivering equality, diversity and inclusion outcomes
- Experience and knowledge of possible approaches and techniques for delivering ED&I with a focus on recruitment, retention and progression
- Experience of similar charter application processes such as Investors in People (IIP) resulting in successful award
- Experience in HE or other large, complex organisation
- Experience of Athena SWAN or other equality charter marks
If you are looking for your next assignment and have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your application ASAP to be considered for this exciting opportunity