HR Operations Manager
Our client is currently seeking an experienced HR Operations Manager to join their established and extremely busy team!
Starting immediately following a successful interview Friday 19th July, The HR Operations Manager will play a critical and leading role in strengthening frameworks both in the UK and the international network.
Initially the focus will be at an operational and transactional level, getting these areas of the function fit for purpose whilst working proactively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure business and user assurance. However, as this work delivers efficiencies across the platform, it is expected that this role will have the space to play an increasing strategic and proactive part in developing the employer brand, recruitment strategy, employment offer, MI and pay and reward.
You will need to be a natural team player, comfortable with ambiguity, tenacious and able to build influential relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. You will need to bring knowledge and experience of what good HR support looks like, have the ideas and energy to contribute and the initiative and professional confidence to take the lead in driving these forward.
- Leadership and Management in P&T
- Finance, Pay, reward and benefits
- Reporting, metric and MI
- Programme Management and Planning
- Oversee the management of the ‘People In-box’ first point of enquiry.
- Oversee the development of the on and off-boarding process and contribute to the induction framework
- Ensure that clear ‘standard operating procedures’ (SOPs) are in place for all areas of core activity; that these are developed with input from stakeholder and are ‘living’ documents that incorporate developments as they occur. Take on projects in relation to policies procedures and international terms and conditions as required.
- Oversee the maintenance of the job evaluation process (to be discussed)
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- High levels of numeracy and good experience of managing payroll activity to high standards, ideally in an international operating context. Good understanding of principles of reward and pay structures.
- Experience of managing and developing benefits programmes
- A good body of HR generalist experience with demonstrable achievements in the key areas of accountability, ideally gained in an international operating context. CIPD qualification (e.g. CIPD Level 7/MCIPD) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience of developing, streamlining and implementing processes, engaging with stakeholders, to improve efficiency and early adoptions
- Experience of managing HR systems and delivering high volume, complex reporting.
- Good writing skills including providing good quality reports and papers that influence thinking.
- Experience of delivering good practice in recruitment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering project to a high standard.
Essential personal style and behaviours requirement
- Strongly collaborative; looks for opportunities to work with others to build better solutions. Creates opportunities for others to develop, gives credit and recognises the contribution of others and is willing to own the priorities of others.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence. Able to understand the context and challenges of others and work proactively to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and the proactivity to take ownership and accountability for challenges, identifying solutions and working persistently and patiently towards resolution
- Excellent attention to details with a personal desire to get things right first time
- Strong customer service focus; a good understanding of how to business partner.
- Professional confidence to manage challenge positively, to negotiate and persuade in a calm and influential manner.
- Experience of working in an international context, in particular in relation to pay, terms and conditions and recruitment.
- Implementation of new HR systems and CIPHR in particular.
- Development of pay, reward and benefits strategies
- Experience of working for an Arm’s Length Body or for central government