People Projects Manager
We’re looking for a People Team Projects Manager to join our growing HR team!
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract position, Monday to Friday based in Hambrook, Bristol
As the People Team Projects Manager you will be a member of the People Operations and Payroll Leadership Team.You will manage the delivery of people team project workstreams, to enable a customer-centred service to directly-employed team members and People Managers across the UK and RoI. You will lead projects and continuous improvement activities to deliver a better customer experience and more efficient service. Act as an ambassador of the People Team and Dental business both internally and externally, including across the wider Bupa UK People Team
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Leadership – Delivers outstanding results, whether big or small. Work closely with the Head of People Operations and Payroll and manage projects on a day-to-day basis, Develop systems, tools and support to ensure that customer service is delivered to agreed standards; highlights project risks and agrees mitigating actions with line manager. Develop implementation plans and support project delivery as needed; identify lessons learned and celebrates success, etc. Deputise for your manager at meetings / cover periods of absence as required.
- Project Governance – Work effectively with internal and external colleagues to create concise, compelling and articulate business cases and associated project documentation. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Plan and schedule project activities using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables. Determine the frequency and content of checkpoint reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Project Resources – Ensure that detailed requirements are fully documented and agreed with the stakeholders Estimate the resources required to achieve project goals. Draft and submit Business Cases, Capital Expenditure Requests and Project Initiation Documents as required. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Integration – Lead integration workstreams as required; to ensure that all acquired practices and labs are integrated into Bupa People Team ways of working, systems and processes. This is more than project management, you’re be supporting our teams to ensure that we engage with managers and teams in a positive and helpful way every time, and that we pay people correctly first time, every time.
- Employment and Commercial Contract Compliance – We protect the company from risk. Ensure that all projects, systems and processes are compliant with employment legislation, commercial contract legislation, regulation and Bupa policies/brand standards; including right to work, national minimum/living wage, GDC registration, employment documentation, GDPR (data protection and privacy), equality, etc. Core part of the role that underpins all other activities.
- Supplier Management – Ensure that local procurement policy is adhered to. Work with the project consultants and manage activities on behalf of the Head of People Operations and Payroll. Carry out regular contract delivery reviews with our suppliers to ensure that they deliver an acceptable level of service Take the lead when resolving supplier issues that cannot be resolved by team members, liaising with senior managers as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- PRINCE2 Foundation qualification
- Educated to Batchelors Degree Level, or equivalent
- Experience in IT and system projects, ideally in a HR/People setting
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, equivalent to A-Level/Level 3 basic skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office tools
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment (project value <£1m)
- Presenting to groups of team members, managers and stakeholders
- Experience defining project scope, goals and deliverables
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification
- Recent experience working with projects using SQL databases and hosted services
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment (project value >£1m)
- Experience delivering training
- Experience of managing individual privacy rights cases, particularly subject access requests
Here at Bupa Dental Care our people are at the heart of everything we do, because we care. We have created environments where people can look forward to coming to work, feel empowered and benefit from working collaboratively with brilliant & talented experts.
Bupa Dental Care were formed when Bupa acquired the well-established Oasis Dental Care business. Our aim is simple: to deliver world-class patient care in the world of dentistry. We want Bupa Dental Care to be the brand of choice for patients, clinicians and all the people who want to build a career in this field.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy or sell up to 5 extra days
- Work from home 1 day a week
- Free parking
- Progression and development
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount in over 7000 retailers
We also have a number of other opportunities within in our HR team including an Associate Contract Team Manager - Please check out our careers page - https://careers.bupadentalcare.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/associate-contract-team-manager-6419-support-centre-/6268/description/
There has never been a better time to join us, as we work together to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.