The role will provide strong strategic direction to the HR team, and wider senior management team, while helping maintain operational HR processes.
- Act as trusted advisor to the Senior Management Team on all HR related matters.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with the consultation process and HR related matters arising from the current accommodation review.
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to ensure best practice and support the achievement of organisation objectives.
- Create an approachable, reliable and flexible HR team aligned to organisational values and behaviours and responsive to emerging organisation needs.
- Lead and develop individuals to perform autonomously to a high standard.
- Provide consistent, timely and effective leadership to the team by providing regular feedback, conducting one to ones and appraisals and by holding regular team meetings.
- Provide consistent and pragmatic HR advice and guidance to build line management capability to ensure HR policies and procedures are applied effectively.
- Effectively manage employment relations issues including the provision of advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Ensure proactive and effective internal communication of HR activity within the organization.
- CIPD qualified or the equivalent level of HR experience in strategic and operational HR management.
- Current employment law knowledge.
- Significant HR generalist experience in recruitment and selection, performance and reward, employment relations and employee engagement.
- Previous experience and a professional interest in learning and development, organisation development and change management.