HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR
- Full Time
Within the Human Resources (HR) Division, the HR Management Coordinator provides administrative and management support to a team of HR Business Partners, helping to ensure effective delivery of recruitment, training and people management processes and specific HR projects.
- Act as a coordinator between the team of HR Business Partners and other HR service teams (Recruitment, Administration, Training);
- Participate in and support the management of HR projects;
- Keep track of the yearly milestones and deadlines related to the HR Business Partner objectives;
- Support HR Business Partners in capturing training needs arising from appraisals and skills assessments, support training bookings and monitor allocated training budgets;
- Maintain the database of job descriptions, ensuring changes in reporting lines and organisation are captured in a timely and effective manner;
- Support the recruitment process in the pre- and post-interview phases, providing administrative support for candidate selection and follow-up on contract preparation/delivery;
- Participate in pre-screening telephone interviews for regular staff and interviews for interns and temporary employees;
- Compile metrics and figures on HR processes such as skills assessment/training, overtime and sickness for use by HR Business Partners;
- Respond to ad-hoc staff inquiries on various HR policy and other HR matters;
- Draft minutes of meetings for various HR boards such as contract renewal and sick-leave reviews.
- Full secondary education required. Education or professional certification in Human Resources would be highly advantageous.
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience providing HR support within a fast-paced environment, involving coordination of many processes and numerous internal interfaces;
- Experience with booking of training, associated logistical coordination and maintenance of a training budget;
- Excellent MS Office skills, advanced Excel skills highly desirable;
- Proven ability to draft documents and minutes of meetings in English;
- Experience with SAP HR module and Success Factors would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated planning and coordination skills;
- Excellent team-working and communication skills, with a customer service attitude and the ability to deliver under high workloads.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded B3/B4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 3737 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)