Diversity and Inclusion Lead - Reigate
£34,688 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Service HQ, Reigate or anywhere across the County as required.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role.
You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service has the responsibility of protecting over one million people who live in the 650 square miles of Surrey. The Service employs just under 700 people across the County in a variety of roles. Comprising both uniformed personnel and support staff; they all share one vision: With you, making Surrey safer. We do this by:
- Serving the needs of our community.
- Flexibly responding to a constantly changing environment.
- Recognising and embedding diversity in everything we do
- Solving challenges through intelligence driven collaboration, innovation and improvement.
Do you see yourself influencing the future direction of the service in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion arena?
Do you see yourself being involved in shaping the way we manage and develop our people?
Do you see yourself working with internal and external groups, to develop and implement initiatives, promoting SFRS as an employer of choice to individuals who are currently under-represented ensuring a diverse and vibrant workforce that reflects our communities?
If yes, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a talented individual to focus on supporting in the development and implementation of projects in line with the services' people and Inclusion strategies, ensuring maximum engagement and buy- in from internal and external stakeholders.
The role will require engaging with internal and external groups to develop and implement initiatives to promote SFRS as an employer of choice to individuals who are currently under-represented, ensuring a diverse and vibrant workforce that reflects our communities.
You will be working as part of the wider HR and Organisational Development Programme which focuses on the delivery of projects in line with the Service's People and Inclusion Strategies.
Bringing expertise to the field of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion you will be helping shape the service's engagement through undertaking research and making recommendations on diversity and inclusion opportunities for the service. You will be ensuring such recommendations are embedded in all areas of its people agenda.
Reporting into the Strategic HR and OD Lead-Transformation you will have a varied role and the opportunity to make it your own.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of managing the development and implementation of projects
- Experience of having worked with Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Experience of engaging employees in the diversity and inclusion journey Experience of having understood and applied relevant information to make appropriate decisions which reflect key priorities and requirements
- A passion for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively, gaining and influencing internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating professionalism within the Service and towards the public, partner agencies and other service providers Able to be open and flexible towards change, leading participation in devising solutions to problems that may occur from time to time
In addition you will need a passion for Diversity and Inclusion and exemplify in everything you do!
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
Interested in finding out more? Please find attached to this advert a full job description and person specification. If you would prefer to have a chat please contact Danni Lamaignere by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Friday 2nd August 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 12th August 2019.