Director of Human Resources
The primary purpose of the Director of Human Resources role is to lead CHI’s HR function in a way that facilitates the achievement of CHI’s ambitious objectives for child healthcare. post holder will define and oversee the implementation of CHI’s HR strategy in line with CH purpose of creating a high- performance, sustainable organisation to transform children’s healthcare in Ireland.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Director of Human Resources are outlined below.
- Lead the development of CHI’s HR strategy, policies and standards.
- Organise, plan, lead and control resources to execute this strategy and to implement policies and standards.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function, overseeing organisational development, talent management, HR operations, and HR services and workforce management.
- Ensure a collaborative team environment that supports CHI’s strategy, values, mission and vision for the future.
- Provide practical formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership, particularly in cultural creation, alignment and change management at the individual, team, and organizational level.
Communications and working relationships;
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with relevant external bodies (e.g. Trade Unions) and communicate and engage with stakeholders on collective matters of interest with CHI’s ER/IR Lead and
- Shape and own CHI’s “voice”, ensuring consistency in internal communications, critical business and regional updates, all company meetings, and CHI’s Chief Executive communications.
- Monitor and control HR budgets and financial planning.
- Establish HR service performance metrics which are linked to hospital strategy and monitor HR performance.
- Identify and implement HR service improvements.
- Anticipate HR-related needs and deliver value added services for the benefit of CHI’s staff.
- Define and implement HR service governance, service level agreements (SLAs) and operations management process.
- Report to CHI’s Board and HSE on HR performance, as required.
- Monitor staff compliance with Human Resources and corporate policies and procedures, provide Human Resources / corporate compliance reports, and conduct HR / corporate compliance audits.
- Attend and serve the Board Committee with remit to oversee organisational development and relevant HR issues.
- Drive the effective development and implementation of the overall strategy for talent management, ensuring effective processes are in place for managing performance, workforce and succession planning, recognition and reward.
- Drive the development of ambitious and innovative learning and development programs that provide opportunities for staff to grow within CHI and that support the attainment of strategic goals and operational objectives for CHI.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the CHI’s leadership development programme in accordance with best practice to ensure that leadership potential within the organisation is recognised and developed.
- Establish overall recruitment strategy, identify talent needs, recruiting channels and assessment criteria and oversee the development of recruitment and retention programmes.
- Work closely with CHI’s Executive Team colleagues to manage the recruitment and selection of candidates for roles across CHI.
- Manage employee engagement and establish an employee value proposition to attract and retain an appropriately skills and talented workforce.
- Develop and promote initiatives to create an inviting and cohesive employee experience for all CHI staff across all stages of the employee life-cycle.
- Oversee the management and resolution of any employee relations issues, including utilisation of state resolution bodies.
- Develop the change management strategy and action plan for CHI’s transformation initiatives and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide change management advice and support to hospital leadership and all staff to support successful implementation of CHI’s transformation initiatives.
In fulfilling the duties and responsibilities, the Director of Human Resources
will work in collaboration with CHI’s Executive Team, particularly the hospital Chief Officer’s and their leadership teams, as well as the CHP Director of Strategic HR, Organisational Development & Change Management to:
Build the capability of the HR Function;
- Work in conjunction with transitional Chief Officer’s and hospital leadership teams to establish a vision and detailed design for the HR function.
- Develop and implement a roadmap to transition professional accountability for HR services from individual sites to a single management structure.
- Develop a strong HR team that can deliver CHI’s HR services in a manner that creates a high-performance, sustainable organisation.
Single organisation management structure;
- In conjunction with existing hospital HR functions, develop best practice HR ways of working – including HR processes, governance and reporting – and support the embedding of these ways of working as a single function within the hospital locations across CHI.
- Foster senior level collaboration and engagement to influence and develop cross city collaboration.
- Facilitate cross hospital solutions and service developments to operational issues on a planned and responsive basis