Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development
Are you a senior Human Resources professional looking for your next challenge? Would you relish the opportunity to lead the transformation of a skilled and experienced HR team?
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate strategically and have outstanding operational leadership skills. Reporting directly to the Trust’s Executive Team, you will lead the transformation of the Trust’s skilled and experienced HR team from an effective administrative function to one which enables staff-related strategies and plans to contribute to the broader organisation and the fulfilment of our strategic plan. You will develop and deliver strategically important projects and plans, including our Recruitment and Retention Strategy, our Employee Engagement Plan and our health and wellbeing initiatives.
You will have:
- A proven track record in leading organisational development activities.
- Experience of embedding change in a complex organisation.
- The ability to lead an effective and efficient administrative service.
- A strong commitment to improving the educational experiences and outcomes of young people, many of whom are from disadvantaged and challenging backgrounds.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is a not-for-profit charity and the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east. We educate 7,600 pupils aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across Sussex.
Our support improves school performance. 14 of our infant, primary and secondary schools are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected to our academies achieve excellence. Read more about our vision and values on our website.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
We offer our employees:
- excellent challenge and development opportunities
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, offering excellent benefits including a career average pension and guaranteed future income
- flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- mileage and expenses paid
- discounts and offers with popular retailers
- employee assistance programme
- interest-free loans for bicycles.
Find out more
The full job description and person specification is attached to this advert and can also be downloaded from the advert on our website - click the "Apply”" button to be redirected. Here you will be able to apply online through our portal and you will also find contact details in case you would like to have an informal discussion about the role.
Closing date: Sunday 11 August 2019
Interview date: Friday 16 August 2019
Proposed start date: September 2019 or as soon as possible
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check