Senior HR Professional
4 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
Job Role Summary
We are the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company in the world, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
Our HR position at Fawley offers a great career development opportunity for a Senior HR professional seeking a varied and influential position at a site with significant investment over the next few years, supporting an organisation going through cultural change to deliver premier business results for the long-term. The role offers the opportunity to be part of a Global HR Organisation that strives to lead talent strategies and deliver valued solutions that unleash the capabilities of ExxonMobil people to win.
The Refinery & Petrochemical Complex is a 24/7 operation, with five shift teams supported by a day working team of maintenance technicians and engineering professionals. This variety of roles, working patterns and operational context presents plenty of opportunities for HR, in addition to working alongside a partly Unionised workforce and significant Contractor population.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 30th August 2019.
Job Role Responsibilities
The role primarily supports the Operations Departments (Process & Maintenance) at Fawley so it is one of variety and challenge, but this also makes it a great opportunity to build relationships with the Management Team and be a highly effective and influential business partner. The position is supported by a HR Supervisor and HR Global Business Centres.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Proactively partner with client managers on the development and delivery of people strategies, utilising diagnosis and organisational effectiveness tools to achieve this
- Facilitate staffing and development processes within the client business line
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters, including providing HR support to employee forums and development of labour relations strategies
- Implement change management best practices to support business initiatives
- Provide advice to client managers on day to day staffing matters, including application of HR policies
- Manage cases, including disciplinary and grievance, in collaboration with HR specialists
In addition, there would also be opportunities to work on broader UK and potentially international initiatives, as a member of the ExxonMobil HR Team that supports seven other operational sites in the UK and our Leatherhead Head Office.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelors degree
- Be, or be working towards being, a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, or equivalent
- Have relevant professional experience at a HR Business Partner level, preferably in an operational environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Refinery, Change Management, Engineering, Energy, Management