Corporate Services & Governance Assistant
We are looking for someone to fill the entry level position of Corporate Services & Governance Assistant. You will possess excellent organisational skills, strong time management skills, good ability to work under pressure with an enthusiastic can do approach
About the organisation
Walterton & Elgin Community Homes (WECH) is a successful resident controlled housing association in Westminster. It emerged from the struggle of residents against the sale of their homes to private developers. It is now a beacon of how resident control can, not only revitalise the physical environment of run-down estates, but also create sustainable and inclusive communities from the bottom up.
To apply: email CV to email@example.com
Summary of Main Duties
- To provide a high-quality support service to the Finance and Corporate Services Director, and to the Chief Executive where necessary.
- Provide support to the Finance and Corporate Services Director in the undertaking of Human Resources activity, including the monitoring of HR indicators (sickness, holidays and equal opportunities statistics), arranging staff training and recruitment administration.
- Support meetings of the WECH Board and Committees by preparing agendas, liaising with the Chair, Chief Executive and other staff on the production of Board reports, and assisting in the production of reports as necessary.
- Providing general Board administration including serving notices, ordering refreshments and supporting recruiting.
- Provide administration support to the Finance & Corporate Services Director and Chief Executive where required.
- Reporting to the Finance & Corporate Services Director.
- Updating WECH membership via an excel database
- GCSEs grade A-C(or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Company Secretarial or HR qualification, or willingness to work towards one (desirable).
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills.
- Experience of working in an office environment in a comparable role
- Experience of working with Boards and Committees (desirable)
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good self-organisation skills; able to keep good administrative records
- Able to work well with people: colleagues and residents.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, WECH’s aims and participating in its culture and ethos.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to attend evening Board meetings and other events (requirement).
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Location: 416 Harrow Road, W9 2HX
Contact number: 0207 266 3347
If you have any queries about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Corporate Services & Governance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly