HR Business Partner (Interim or Permanent)
We are looking for a pro-active, customer focused, fully qualified and experienced HR Business Partner to provide an excellent cradle to grave HR service and best practice approach to our R&D and Engineering areas of the business.
What we're looking for:
We'll expect you to have worked within R&D/Technical/Manufacturing areas within the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical or Technology industries. In addition, you will be MCIPD qualified and have significant experience in all aspects of HR including recruitment; immigration support; reward/benefits and payroll; engagement; employee relations/law and policy development; learning and development; performance/people management; organisational design; and excellent HR service, systems, administration and delivery. You will have worked, preferably, in a regulated or ISO9001 environment and for a range of different sized companies, including start-up.
You will be able to work operationally, delivering HR tactical plans and be fully conversant and up to date on all aspects of employment law. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills while being able to work at pace and deliver results.
This role will suit someone with a positive, enthusiastic and confident approach. It is important that the HRBP has a collaborative and can-do attitude and the ability to work at pace in this agile work environment. They should be robust individual who is comfortable working as part of a team and individually, able to handle changing priorities and a pressurised work environment
You'll work with super smart people in a great environment working on cutting edge disruptive technology. A competitive salary and benefits with room to develop and grow along with our business.
The successful candidate will identify HR priorities and deliver appropriate solutions and support to meet the departments/functions requirements. The HRBP will provide expert professional advice, guidance and support to the Directors, Managers and Staff on all aspects of human resources and people management in line with Company policies, culture and/or legislative requirements. They will also participate and/or lead HR projects or continuous improvement initiatives to support Oxford Nanopore’s continual growth. The HRBP will also be a key member of the HR team contributing to the HR strategy as well as operational requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver all aspects of operational HR to support and meet the short, medium and long term aims and objectives of the business
- Provide pro-active and customer-focused HR service and support to the functional areas you hold responsibility for
- Recruitment – end to end responsibility for attracting and selecting the right people with the right skills and right fit/attitude for the Company including immigration support
- On-boarding new starters to ensure a smooth transition into the business
- Deliver the Induction to ensure that the new employee becomes quickly embedded into the organisation and its culture
- Coach and advise managers on performance management, sickness absence and employee relations issues
- Ensure all analysis, contracts, forms and other paperwork/HR administration is completed relating to any employee changes such as moves, promotions, reward matters, benefits and recognition initiatives and provided to all the necessary parties concerned, e.g. employee and Payroll
- Support the functional areas on any organisational development or changes ensuring company and legal compliance
- Advise on all types of employee relations matters including conducting investigations, disciplinary and grievance issues in line with company policy and employment law
- Design (if appropriate), deliver or source providers for learning and development requirements
- Lead and/or participate in HR projects or continuous improvement initiatives to meet business requirements
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.