HR and Office Manager | International Sports Technology Business | Surrey
A pioneering technology business offering solutions to the world of sport is looking to hire an HR and Office Manager. Operating across more than 50 venues and entertaining more than 13 million guests annually, it has emerged as a leading global sports and entertainment business focused on connecting people in meaningful ways.
Leading the expansion strategy for an internationally facing division, the President is now looking to recruit a capable, HR and Office Manager who can provide expertise in supporting him in this business expansion. Managing the Human Resources elements for a small team of c.20 employees, supporting him in an EA capacity and managing the smooth operation of the office and facilities all make this role highly attractive through its variety and breadth. The expansion plans are ambitious and would see the company grow six times this year.
HR Duties include:
- Maintain contractual changes including annual pay reviews, benefits, and pensions administration
- Look after all the sickness logging, running reports, redundancy and maternity/paternity administration
- Smooth processing of recruitment compliance checks for all new employees.
- Be the first line support and advice on all employee queries across the organisation and escalate more complex queries to the relevant team member
- Assist in reviewing, updating and communicating changes to HR policies, ensuring these are in line with the current legislation.
- Respond quickly to any queries from employees and Managers
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure all compensation information is captured accurately
- Ensure all electronic HR relevant files, databases and records are always kept up to date
Office Management / EA Duties include:
- Diary management
- Booking travel
- All administration including printing, filing, and scanning
- Organising events such as the Christmas party
- Management of office facilities, ensuring telecoms, IT, printers, etc. all function effectively
- Control of FM contracts and meeting suppliers as required
- Providing EA duties to President and supporting them to be highly effective in their role
To succeed in the HR and Office Manager role:
You'll enjoy interacting with people on a personal level with excellent communication skills, have a keen eye for detail and be able to prioritise your tasks. Strong software skills with all Microsoft Office systems are advantageous. You'll have a proactive approach and be solutions focussed, with a proven ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders, providing excellence in customer service through each interaction. You'll have excellent time management skills and the ability to deal with competing priorities. You have a practical and logical approach; able to solve problems and enjoy getting 'stuck in'.
- PA / Executive Assistant experience and knowledge/experience in HR duties
- CIPD Level 3-5 qualification would be beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure and in a small office
- Excellent MS Office and Systems Skills (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A good sense of humour
- Flexible approach and ‘can do’ attitude