Senior HR Business Partner - Reward
Birmingham City University
Faculty: Human Resources – Professional Services
School: Human Resources
Post Title: Senior HR Business Partner - Reward
Location: City Centre Campus
Salary: £44,035 to £47,865 per annum
Closing Date: Thursday 22 August 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Ref No: 082019-317
Birmingham City University is a university that has drive and ambition to be a centre of teaching and research excellence. We want our students to experience a transformational journey in their time with us and, at the heart of that journey, are our exceptional staff.
Our HR Department enables the university to be a great people employer. BCU is on a journey of change and HR is an integral part of that journey. We are raising the bar to ensure that we are providing the best service to the university and creating a culture of empowerment and trust.
Within the HR team we are looking to appoint a Senior HR Business Partner - Reward. This new role within our HR team, reporting to the Deputy HR Director, will proactively lead on the university’s approach to pay and benefits, including pay awards, the benefits we offer our staff and where we can modernise our approach and also with a focus on looking at our current pension provision to employees. The profile of a ‘typical’ employee in the 21st Century is changing and we need to ensure that our reward and benefits package meets the need of the 21st Century employee.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:-
- Extensive reward and compensation experience
- An excellent understanding of job evaluation (preferably having used the Hay methodology) coupled with an understanding of equal pay
- Strong IT skills with experience of harnessing technology to support reward and benefit work
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for customer service and building strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent understanding of pension schemes (ideally those in the Higher Education sector) and experience of addressing the challenges that pension provision gives both the employee and employer
- Ideally be CIPD (MCIPD) qualified
If you are interested in this role, please apply online by submitting your current CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining where you meet the requirements of the role and setting out your current remuneration package.
Please find a copy of the full job description attached below.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Birmingham City University holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and promotes the advancement of gender equality through Representation, Progression and Success for All. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.