HR Business Partner
JOB TITLE: HR Business Partner
PAY BAND: Agenda for Change Band 7
SERVICE: Human Resources
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Assistant Director HR
- To work closely with senior leaders in the organisation to identify and implement targeted, cost effective workforce interventions to support Provide in achieving its organisational objectives.
- To lead on operational Human Resources for the organisation and provide comprehensive HR support and advice to managers and staff.
- To be accountable for a specialist area of HR Service provision.
- To facilitate organisational change through advising and supporting managers with service re-design to improve business effectiveness and service quality.
- To work with managers and staff and provide professional & timely HR advice to resolve employment relations issues at the earliest stage and avoid escalation to formal processes wherever possible.
- To manage a complex HR caseload, providing high level specialist information and knowledge to both management and staff on handling of workforce issues, eg. grievance and disciplinary cases, change management and TUPE issues, sickness and capability.
- To manage a team of HR staff to ensure the provision of an excellent HR service. This includes recruitment and selection, appraisal, managing discipline, managing absence, performance management,
- To provide HR and business related advice in connection with business tenders and workforce aspects of service transfer or new service implementation.
- To advise on employment terms and conditions and manage the provision of documentation required for the employee life cycle including, contracts of employment, maternity documentation, leaver documentation and staff changes.
- To manage the provision of effective HR information systems to ensure that all aspects of HR database management and reporting are timely and accurate.
- To lead in the development and implementation of HR policies and practices, in line with best practice and service requirements.
- To develop and maintain workforce communication and partnership processes that actively inform and involve staff and staff side representatives in workforce issues and in the plans and operational activities of the organisation by using negotiating, persuasion and clear communication skills.
- To design and deliver training courses and all aspects of people management for managers.
- To ensure HR services and advice to managers are customer focused by listening and responding to customers and actively seeking their feedback to drive service improvements.
- To develop and maintain effective links with payroll and pensions providers.
- To manage a delegated budget
The postholder will also have accountability for one or more specialist areas of HR service provision. These will include:
- Workforce Planning
- Workforce Information
- Policy Development
- Employee Relations & Partnership Working
- Recruitment & Selection, Onboarding & Induction
- Equality & Diversity
- Employee Benefits & Pensions
- Terms & Conditions of Service
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Chartered member of CIPD, with CIPD qualification (Level 7)
- Degree or able to evidence equivalent work related practices at degree level
ESSENTIAL WORK RELATED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in an HR generalist role, delivering a range of successful HR interventions
- Working with a range of customers including those at a senior level
- Experience of providing specialist HR advice to managers at a complex level, eg. disciplinary hearings, change management, recruitment issues.
- Experience of writing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Evidence of a sound knowledge of up to date employment law and related legislation
- Knowledge of practical change management techniques
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working
- Knowledge and experience of using HR information systems
SKILLS & APTITUDES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to create comprehensive and detailed written reports
- Ability to establish personal credibility and work closely and effectively with a wide range of managers and staff
- Ability to present to a group
- Ability to use Microsoft IT packages, such as MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to travel independently as required
This role specification indicates the main functions of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities and tasks required for the job. There may be a requirement to undertake other duties as reasonably required to support the organisation. This may also include work outside of the postholder’s normal sphere of activities, including functions not detailed within this role specification or working within another location or environment. The postholder will not be required to undertake any function for which they are not qualified or competent to perform.