HR Business Partner
Our client has an outstanding opportunity for an HR Business Partner working for one of the UK’s leading housing associations in London.
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, and with management responsibility for the Advisor and BP Team Co-ordinator, you will play a lead role in delivering an excellent HR advisory service across the business. You will work in partnership with colleagues across the People and Culture function to deliver a high quality, pro-active and customer focussed support service that includes coaching our People Managers through the employee life cycle - with particular focus on employee relations and performance management activities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong Employee Relations experience of complex disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, re-organisation, redundancy and performance management activities
- Current knowledge of Diversity and Inclusiveness practices and thought leadership
- Provide a proactive, outcome orientated HR business partnering service to managers by acting as the key point of contact for general HR queries and casework; providing pragmatic advice, guidance and solutions.
- Provide comprehensive support to managers on all aspects of generalist HR work including but not limited to absence, disciplinary, grievance, capability and performance issues, restructuring and redundancy, ET cases. Provide HR support at formal meetings, hearings and appeals.
- Supporting Senior Stakeholders across the business to drive delivery of People Plans.
- Coach, support and oversee the performance of the HR Advisor and HR Administrator.
- To manage the team to deliver the absence management process, liaising with managers to identify ways to reduce and proactively manage sickness and other unplanned absences ensuring compliance with policy and legislation at all times.
- Work in partnership with PAC colleagues to ensure the highest standard of service is provided to the business, including Payroll, HRS, Recruitment and Transformation.
- Proactively research and keep up to date with changes in employment legislation, case law updates and best practice and report back to the BP team with updates and recommendations.
- Support the Senior HRBP and Managers with performance management processes and actions. Creating a performance management culture.
- Work closely with HR colleagues to monitor, review and update all people policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Support the delivery of a range of HR project work by undertaking research, organising, planning, and other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong technical HR experience particularly ER, TUPE, redundancies and performance management
- A strong HR generalist with extensive experience of the employee life cycle as well as a solid knowledge of current UK employment law (CIPD qualified or equivalent gained through experience)
- You’ll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
- Extensive experience in employee relations case management including investigation, disciplinary and grievance, absence and performance management.
- Experience of managing the people aspects of organisational change.
- Experience of HR information systems, data management and reporting.
- Previous experience in a commercial fast paced environment is essential.
- A positive and confident member of the HR team who understands the wider impact of their contribution on other parts of the business.
- A champion and role model for excellent customer service, you will also be a passionate and articulate communicator.
- A mentor for other members of the HR Team.
- This role is subject to a basic DBS check.
Apply for HR Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly