Assistant Director of HR
Are you passionate about people? Do you have a broad range of experience across the spectrum of HR? Are you looking for a fresh challenge? We are looking for a new Assistant Director of HR to hit the ground running and to add value across our organisation. Reporting to the Director of Resources you will take the lead on the development and delivery of our HR agenda and will be responsible for coaching and developing our colleagues in all things management and HR.
Ascension is a small volcanic island, situated in the South Atlantic, with a warm stable climate (26-34°C). Ascension is part of the wider British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. It is situated some 1,000 miles from the mainland of Africa and it is 800 miles from its nearest neighbour, the island of Saint Helena. To thrive here you must be resilient, adaptable and able to live in an incredibly small community. You will need an eye for detail, a keen interest in policy and process and be confident in taking the lead in all employee relations situations.
We are offering a two year, accompanied status, contract with a salary of up to £27,500 per year dependent on experience and qualifications (taxable in Ascension). You will also receive the following benefits:
- Rent free accommodation (with electricity and water allowances)
- A food allowance (£3,089 or £6,175 per year dependent on accompanied status)
- Relocation allowance for your personal effects, including the shipment of a vehicle
- One mid-contract return journey to your country of recruitment for you and your family (if accompanied)
- A gratuity (bonus) payable on the successful completion of a 2 year contract
- 30 days annual holiday (with additional 9 days public holidays)
- Free primary dental and medical care
This appointment will be subject to satisfactory:
- Basic DBS Check
- Employment References
- Medical Clearance (Ascension Island has limited medical facilities. If you believe that you have a medical condition that may be difficult to treat here please contact our Senior Medical Officer for a confidential discussion via firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 6th of September 2019
We are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible.