REAch2 Academy Trust is building on its success to ensure that every one of its sixty schools is a ‘great school’ which provides truly exceptional opportunities for children. It’s a real team effort which calls for the best HR professionals. We are looking for knowledgeable and self-motivated HR Advisors, to be based around Birmingham and South London, working out of one of our academies in each area.
You’ll be the first port of call for headteachers and school business managers across thirty schools, providing information and advice on employee relations, policies, recruitment, contract and payroll in relation to teaching and support staff, so an outstanding understanding of the Burgundy and Green books is essential. You will provide guidance face to face, by email and over the telephone on REAch2 HR policies and procedures; write contracts, draft letters, provide pay calculations and support recruitment activity. In addition, you’ll maintain systems, produce MI and reports for up to thirty schools, review trends and conduct analysis.
You’ll have current knowledge of employment legislation and experience of supporting managers. Travel may be required to school sites therefore flexibility with working hours and a willingness to travel occasionally is required.
This is an opportunity to be part of a school focussed HR team and a progressive Multi-Academy Trust, develop your HR career in a supportive organisation and work alongside talented headteachers and school business managers.
- CIPD Qualified Level 5 or equivalent
- Knowledgeable about Burgundy and Green Book terms and conditions
- Informed on teaching and support staff payscales / pay calculations
- Able to evidence a proven track record in a previous employee relations role
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Able to show initiative and a willingness to learn
- Hard working and possess a great sense of humour!