Head of HR - Projects
About the NDA:
The NDA’s mission is to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively with care for people and the environment.
With a budget of over £3 billion a year, the work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver the NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world.
Under the leadership of its Chief Executive, David Peattie, the NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of ‘One NDA’ will transform how the NDA manages its businesses – working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the UK tax payer.
About the Role:
This is a challenging role on either a interim or fixed term basis for six months leading, coordinating and facilitating a number of change and improvement projects within the NDA Corporate Centre on a range of cultural and HR programmes that will enhance organisational health and employees’ experience.
- Ensuring a smooth transition as a result of an Organisation Design process by further developing and implementing plans and solutions in a complex business change environment
- Supporting of the Corporate Centre change and culture work stream and embedding the core values and driving our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda
- Understanding the required organisational capability and developing solutions to enhance leadership, line management and professional capability
- Leading a programme to enhance employees’ experience in the workplace
- Supporting the implementation and roll-out of the new performance management system and processes
- Revising the career and progression framework to support employee development
- Working with the wider HR team and the Unions to develop a bonus scheme that is aligned to the organisational values
- Substantial experience in human resources leadership, ideally in a range of project delivery positions
- Considerable experience in managing, challenging and advising on HR best practice and standards
- Strong influencer and collaborator with stakeholders, and a track record of aligning multiple views and perspectives
- A highly experienced HR professional, who works independently, whilst maintaining the strategy and focus for the leadership team
- Broad and in-depth knowledge across the full spectrum of Change and Human Resource Management both operationally and strategically
- Strong commercial awareness coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to project manage in a matrix organisation with rigor and discipline
- Respectful, open, creative and a natural communicator
- CIPD Qualified
What's on offer for you:
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including 30 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday, a civil service career average pension scheme and a potential bonus.
What’s more you’ll also benefit from flexible working patterns and the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave. We also offer salary sacrifice for Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work schemes, and have statutory family-friendly leave schemes and an enhanced Employee Assistance Programme.