Trust HR Officer
Trust HR Officer (with CEO PA responsibility)
Start Date: ASAP-subject to notice period
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Monday 16th September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd September 2019.
Salary: £24,799 to £28,785 per annum (subject to experience)
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks
SAST is a strong and ambitious Trust of both primary and secondary schools with a national Teaching School seeking to ensure an excellent and sustainable 0-19 education for children within our community across West and North Dorset as well as South Somerset. In September 2019 the Trust will consist of 3400 children and over 570 staff working in 10 primary schools and 2 secondary schools.
This is a new role and we are looking to appoint an exceptional HR professional with a proven track record of delivering outstanding HR support to join our Trust. Combined with the HR role, you will also provide PA support to our CEO. The successful candidate must be qualified to a minimum CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HR, with a generalist HR background to manage a varied and interesting workload. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the development of an HR function for an ambitious and growing trust, aspiring to be an employer of choice.
The Sherborne Area Schools’ Trust includes schools across Dorset and South Somerset from Sherborne to Gillingham towards Blandford and Wincanton. Our area is one of the best areas to live in Britain offering something for everyone. Sherborne is a centre of excellence for education and has been described as ‘one of the most drop-dead-gorgeous towns in the country’ and having the feel of ‘a small cathedral city’. There are easy road and direct rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast and countryside.
The successful candidate will:
- Promote and support the mission, values and approaches of the Trust
- Be committed to partnership, collaboration and excellent teamwork
- Have proven experience and expertise in an HR generalist role in a large/complex organisation
- Qualified to a minimum of Level 5 CIPD Diploma in HRM or equivalent
- Be customer-focused
- Be highly resilient, with relentless determination to succeed and drive change
- Have excellent communication skills
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
- Have high expectations, an interest in education and want to make a difference
- Provide PA support to the CEO and be an ambassador for the trust
Our values and ethos focuses on developing a love of learning, high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our children. This role will be challenging, yet immensely rewarding. You will be supported by an experienced Trust leadership team and school Headteachers, strong local governors and a committed staff group. We will also offer an excellent package:
- a competitive salary; £24,799 to £28,785 per annum (subject to experience)
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- a strong MAT with a clear sense of shared moral purpose and a real opportunity to transform the lives of young people
You are warmly encouraged to get in touch prior to application to discuss the position. Our Head of HR, Catherine Watson is available to have an informal discussion with interested applicants about the role. Please contact her on 01935 811051 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also most welcome to visit the Trust.
For a recruitment pack and online application form, please visit the trust website: www.sast.org.uk
SAST has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.