Head of People
Energy Aspects currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Head of People to join the team. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced Senior HR professional to take the operational and strategic lead on all people related activities for a leading, established and rapidly growing Energy Research Consultancy.
About the role:
As Head of People, you'll be instrumental in supporting the business through the next exciting phase of growth and development. With an established and successful People offering already in place, your key priority will be to maintain and build on this success. This will take many forms, from working closely with the Senior Talent Manager to ensure a constant pipeline of talent is available, through to embedding the performance management framework throughout the business.
Chief among all of this though is your ability and passion to coach people across the divisions, departments and global offices. Developing and enabling our existing talent is at the heart of this role. You will therefore possess strong EQ and communication skills and the instinct to recognise and enhance the value of our diverse workforce.
The role is both highly operational and strategic, so you will need to evidence a background in, and preference for, the variety this brings and the agility it requires. Blending operational delivery with advancing the long-term vision is critical. Recruiting, retaining and motivating talented individuals across every part of the business is key to our success, so we will be relying on you to support these activities by delivering a compelling people and talent strategy. This provides a great opportunity to apply your skills as a leader, project manager, HR specialist and communicator.
This position will require flexibility and the drive to go beyond the core hours when needed. You will be able to work independently, as well as be capable of planning and prioritising to achieve success. In exchange, we offer excellent remuneration in a high-performance culture with challenging and exciting work.
So, what are we looking for? An exceptional candidate will:
- Be ready to coach, guide and mentor talented individuals at various levels of seniority
- Lead and collaborate with the Senior Talent Manager in developing a tailored learning and development programme
- Support the implementation of an effective performance management framework that complements our meritocratic culture
- Advise the Senior Leadership Team on people strategies and issues, providing pragmatic and best practice advice
- Anticipate and plan for future strategic challenges
- Continually looks for ways to enhance the employer brand
- Have experience within professional services environments
The right candidate will also:
- Have experience and confidence in handling global mobility, particularly right to work and visa application processes
- Lead the Talent team in their efforts to ensure a pipeline of talent is available to the business
- Line manage and work closely with the HR Generalist to ensure effective administration and ownership of the HRIS and related administrative tasks
- Build the confidence of the management population by delivering effective and relevant training
- Enjoy handling the full breadth of operational HR and talent management tasks
- Have successfully completed, or is working towards, relevant CIPD qualifications
- Have excellent attention to detail
What Energy Aspects can offer:
- An unrivalled platform in which to showcase your passion for people and their development
- Highly competitive annual salary and long-term incentives
- Employer pension contributions into an auto-enrolment compliant scheme – 6% of base salary, with Employee contributions of a minimum 2%
- Annual bonus based on company and personal performance paid in February each year for the previous calendar year, and pro-rated in the first year
- 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus public holidays
- Comprehensive medical/travel insurance with dental and optician cashback
- Flexible benefit options (season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership etc.)
Culture & benefits
At Energy Aspects, you will be part of an active, social and friendly team and have the opportunity to join our running, circuit training, five-a-side football or lunch clubs. You might also enjoy letting loose at our seasonal parties or just sharing an unwinding drink on a Friday afternoon at our in-house bar, the Nodding Donkey.
Our London office is based in Canary Wharf, which benefits from excellent transport links and a range of shopping amenities, bars, restaurants and gyms. We also provide fresh fruit, hot drinks, soft drinks and snacks, and there are also occasional exotic treats brought back from our international travels.
About Energy Aspects
Energy Aspects is a rapidly growing research consultancy covering global energy markets. We are headquartered in London and have offices in New York, Houston and Singapore. We provide our clients with detailed analysis and market commentary via our publications and website, along with consultancy services.
Our clients include international blue chips, financial institutions, governments and investment funds. We produce analysis, often time-sensitive, that can directly impact financial markets.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business, we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.