Recruitment Talent Manager
One Brilliant Team - For a changing Redbridge
Redbridge is changing. We are among the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, affordable housing, high quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change is phenomenal.
We have started to address our challenges by adopting a model for the council based on high ambition and high trust. Ambition, because we are the custodians of this precious part of East London: we care about its future and we want to get it right for our residents. Trust, because we believe in the ability of our staff and our communities to find ways to overcome new challenges and seize this once in a generation opportunity. At the heart of our approach is distributive leadership - a belief that we will get the best out of the resources at our disposal by pushing responsibility closer to the front line.
Recruitment Talent Manager
£45,585 – £48,492
The HR Employee Experience Service plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Council has a motivated workforce and to be an employer of choice.
You will lead on developing a strategic recruitment service, placing great emphasis on the employee experience to enhance the on-boarding of new talent for the Directorates across the Council. In this role you will be driven to achieve the best whilst, being hardworking, respectful and professional to colleagues and customers. You will also place a large emphasis on providing opportunities to people in our local communities to help contribute to our commitment to improve access routes to employment and to focus on attracting and recruiting the right people to serve our residents.
This is a key role responsible for delivering the priorities in the Borough Plan and HR Strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Provision of strategic guidance and direction to a team of 4 staff and to the business to ensure first class service.
- Working closely with senior managers, management teams and other key stakeholders to build organisational capacity to attract new staff and ensure that they are effectively on-boarded into the organisation.
- Keep abreast of key developments to develop innovative and effective streamlined recruitment processes to meet the Council’s future workforce requirements and reflect the communities we serve.
- Ensuring that the Recruitment Strategy Team works collaboratively with the Business Partnering and Organisational Development and Strategy Team so that work is joined up, value for money and customer focused.
- Develop sustained structures, systems, policies and processes to enable the effective delivery of HR services.
- Inspire, and engage staff to align delivery to the Borough and Strategic Plan and supporting HR Strategies.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Substantial experience of working in a trade union environment and evidence of fostering positive working relationships.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law.
- Substantial experience of providing creative and innovative people management solutions to the business.
- Substantial experience of management and working as a senior business partnering in large multicultural organisations.