5 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
HR MANAGER (50%)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Are you our new HR Manager?
The ICRC Regional Delegation for the UK & Ireland is seeking a qualified, experienced and highly motivated candidate for the position of Human Resources Manager to fulfil this position as soon as possible.
Purpose of the position
The Human Resources Manager is accountable for providing professional HR support, services and advice to all delegation staff members in line with the ICRC institutional HR strategy, in order to enable line managers and employees to adequately respond to the operational challenges.
The HRM, based in London, reports directly to the Head of the UK & Ireland Regional Delegation and, as functional line, to the HR Partner based at Geneva Headquarters.
HR strategy and projects
- Supports the delegation’s management in translating operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities for the delegation;
- Leads the implementation of ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives;
- Ensures institutional HR strategies, priorities and policies are well communicated and explained within the regional delegation.
Recruitment and selection
- Assists and advises management and Coordinators in defining personnel requirements for the operation;
- Maintains at all times, procedures to guarantee equity, transparency and professionalism in all recruitment.
- Promotes a formal, constructive and transparent dialogue between employees and managers;
- Creates and maintains internal communication channels and tools with the staff on specific HR projects;
- Advises and supports employees and managers in conflict management, prevention of problems and may participate as a mediator in case of conflict with the employees;
- Maintains regular contact with the resident staff representatives, organizes regular working meetings.
People and Career Management
- Advises and supports the line managers in the execution of their people management accountabilities;
- Guides staff members in all steps of their HR lifecycle within the institution, in both administrative HR and professional development areas.
- Ensures the consistent use of the performance management framework.
HR framework and policies
- Validates and ensures HR processes and policies are delivered consistently and according to guidelines from Centres of Expertise (based in Geneva);
- Elaborates local HR processes, policies and procedures and validates their adequate application;
- Ensures staff regulations and policies are in place and are compliant with both local legislation and ICRC frameworks and are properly disseminated/known and applied among the staff members.
Compensation and Benefits
- Through a close collaboration with the Compensation & Benefits colleagues in Geneva, validates the compensation and benefits policies for the delegation and ensures they are implemented.
Desired profile and skills:
- Bachelor or University degree with specialization in HR, or certificated professional experience in HR – (CIPD).
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function and at least 3 years’ experience in people management.
- Training or experience in HR partnership, employment law, staff representation, conflict management.
- Previous experience in an international/humanitarian environment is preferable. ICRC experience is an asset.
- Experience in driving transformation and implementing change in complex and challenging situations.
- Fluent knowledge of English. Fluency in French an asset.
- Fully conversant with IT tools.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
- Ability to develop the role with exemplary conduct and to represent the HR function within the delegation and structures covered.
- Ability to guide, support, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to colleagues.
- Good knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Ability to advise and actively support key stakeholders on all aspects of people management and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegation/structures covered and within the HR function, both with staff and managers.
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills and ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team.
- Strong analytical decision making and organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Flexible in terms of mobility to ensure proper support and assistance to the office in London and Belfast.
- Start date: ASAP
- Position based in London
- Regular travel to Belfast and as required to other locations
- UK open-ended contract with 6 months probation period
- Salary according to experience and ICRC London salary scale
- Reimbursement of monthly zone 1 & 2 London Underground travelcard
- Other benefits
How to apply:
If you believe that you have all the necessary qualifications and the ability to take over the designed tasks, please send your CV (2 pages maximum) and a motivation letter to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating “HR Manager”. Please include details of your current salary and availability.
Deadline for receiving applications: midnight 13 October 2019.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly