People Development & Talent Advisor
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
The HR team works across our offices but the main presence is in Cheltenham and Bristol. It provides a full HR service to the Firm encompassing HR Operations, Reward, Talent Acquisition, People Development & Talent and Employee Relations.
Be a part of enabling our business to achieve high performance through its people by joining our energetic and collaborative People Development and Talent team, contributing to the firm's People strategy and the development of our colleagues!
- Ideally based in Cheltenham, we would consider Bristol. However, this role will involve travel between these 2 offices and the others in our network across the UK.
About the People Development and Talent Team
Our People Development and Talent team drive the people development activities and programmes across the business. They are a team with a really strong team environment, supportive of each other and are driven to deliver high quality support for our people at Barnett Waddingham with a strong focus on the return on investment.
About the role
You will be responsible for coordinating the yearly development initiatives and be the key internal contact for our Learning Management System (My Learning). You will assist with training schedules and the booking of training venues for our internal people development and talent team, and external suppliers. Supporting the delivery of development interventions.
This is a brand new role within the People Development and Talent team. The role provides an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys delivery but can also get stuck in, providing an analytical eye in administrative and project support.
You'll get involved with:
- Supporting the devleopment / facilitiation of in-house training sessions and programmes
- Lead on the administration of our Learning Management System
- Maintain L&D evaluation data with regular reporting
- Support with internal communications for learning initiatives across the organisation
- Answer first line quereie from staff and suppliers
- Administration and co-ordination of the logistics for training events - book training venues, manage travel arrangements, oversee distribution of training materials
- Maintain and print course materials, facilitator guides, instructor manuals, learner guides, hand-outs, reference materials and other materials
- Book external training sessions, develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with staff, managers, and external contacts
About the person
If you've got a good foundation in the learning and development administration and perhaps have some limited experience of facilitation but would like to develop these skills, then this could be the role for you! Key requirements:
- Be able to demonstrate experience in the facilitation of training
- Strong planning skills and ability to work to deadlines
- A confident, commercially aware candidate with the courage to challenge
- Be able to demonstrate determination and drive to deliver
- 2 years’ experience working within the learning and development environment and/or L&D/ CIPD qualification’s
- As a minimum, grade C / 5 or higher in GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.
We define diversity and inclusion in the following ways:
Respecting differences - we recognise, respect and value individual differences, which may include gender, background, education, religion, ethnicity or perspective. It is the individual that matters and the skills they bring to our organisation.
Inclusion is about embracing these differences for the future of the company. We have created an environment where all our people feel valued and respected, where people give their best. No member of staff should feel excluded from any activity because of their own background.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
Our environment - We have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.