Estates and Health & Safety Manager
Do you have extensive experience of managing Estates and Health and Safety?
Are you looking for a wide ranging role that you can make your own and add real value to the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA)?
If so, this exciting opportunity is for you and we’d love to hear from you.
This role forms an essential part of our Finance and Resources team here at VCA, with responsibility for the management of buildings, property and site services of the Eastgate Office Centre (EOC) and Midlands Centre (MC). This role has the responsibility for the facilities, security, business continuity, Health & Safety, sustainability and Team Service Contracts (NEC3). You will provide impartial advice to both staff and management across the agency whilst ensuring statutory compliance with all acts and regulations that affect VCA, its estate and our employees. As the subject matter expert you will also be responsible for representing VCA at Department for Transport (DfT) group meetings and forums.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- The monitoring of contract and supplier performance, implementation of appropriate commercial management tools and techniques to ensure delivery and value for money;
- Business continuity planning and conducting regular exercises to test and amend plans if necessary;
- The daily planning, organisation and execution of Health and Safety activities across VCA, this also involves assessing risks and advising on policy requirements;
- Investigating accidents/incidents/near misses on our sites;
- Advising all members of VCA on the delivery of sustainable services;
- The provision of comprehensive transport and fleet services and systems for UK based Agency, ensuring that all statutory and legislative requirements are met;
- The security of UK based sites, ensuring that all provisions are made to keep assets and staff safe;
- The identification and organisation of Health & Safety related training for our staff.
If you would like to read more about the role please refer to the attached role profile document.
You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding. You are someone who can gain rapport quickly with others as you build effective working relationships. You will be an excellent team leader, someone who thrives in a team environment and who can lead by example and drive a team towards a shared goal.
You will have extensive knowledge of industrial and commercial facilities, and the management of assets and buildings for all associated hard and soft service provisions. You’ll also have experience of Health and Safety Management systems, risk identification and knowledge of HSG 65 or OHSAS 18001.
The Vehicle Certification Agency is the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority. We have over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
DfT’s inclusion is recognition of our commitment to make the Department a great place to work through our culture of equality and inclusivity and the great strides we’ve made to raise the number of women in senior positions.