Assessment Operations Manager
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities, as well as excellent benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
You will be responsible for managing our high-volume assessment service which involves in-depth assessments of candidates’ HR expertise and experience. You will lead a team of five Assessment Executives and be responsible for delivering against operational and commercial targets ensuring rigour, quality and fairness so that the integrity of CIPD’s high standards is upheld.
The Assessment Team is responsible for assessing circa 1,250 candidates for CIPD membership each year and has clear commercial targets, achieved through the efficiency with which the assessment services are delivered and the credibility CIPD’s assessment services has amongst HR practitioners and our customers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Longer term planning and daily operations to ensure high levels of customer service and candidate management, assessments and quality assurance
- Monitoring candidate volumes to ensure work is efficiently resourced, implementing processes to support the assessment lifecycle and ensuring consistency across the business
- Establishing data and reporting measures to drive change, identifying service improvements to deliver operational efficiencies, enhanced customer service and commercial benefits (sales, cost savings etc).
- Reviewing customer feedback to drive performance improvement projects
- Collaborating with stakeholders to manage the delivery of B2B Assessment services (Group Experience Assessment), taking responsibility for project management, resourcing and customer focussed service
- Managing resources and budgets to minimise operational costs while delivering a quality service
- Collaborating with the Head of Membership Assessment, Customer Services and Marketing on sales strategies and leading on process improvements to increase candidate conversion rates
- Managing and developing a high performing team and promoting a customer focussed culture, ensuring our assessment processes are conducted in line with governance standards and targets
- Collaborating with the Assessment Team and Customer Services to ensure that all candidates are dealt with efficiently and with professional courtesy
- Contributing to and leading on activities that promote interest in CIPD’s assessment services, for example at our conferences and promotional events
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Strong operational experience of implementing effective change and working to KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Management experience with a proven track record in coaching, developing and motivating teams
- Experience of working with and implementing digital solutions to support operational delivery
- Commercial awareness and an aptitude to positively impact on profitability whilst maintaining service standards.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with a deadline driven and customer-focused approach.
- Excellent MS Office skills with strong Excel
- Experience as an HR professional or HR consultant with a good appreciation of strategic and functional HR, and a passion for upholding standards in our profession. (Non-essential)
- Experience of digital assessment. (Non-essential)
- Selection and assessment experience. (Non-essential)
Please note, this advert is due to close on Tuesday 15 October 2019
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible