Head of HR
Are you an experienced HR professional looking for your next challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as the Head of HR. You will provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to the HR team to deliver a first-class HR experience to our employees across the disciplines of ER, HR Operations, Talent Attraction and Employee Engagement.
This is a business-focussed role, reporting to the UK HR Director. Your role is to influence and support leaders and managers, aligning the people strategy and priorities to divisional business needs.
Why work with us
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 70 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
Haymarket has been creating world-class, media for over 60 years. Our 1,400 talented professionals make us who we are. We invest in our talent: creating great workplaces, great learning opportunities and great careers. Our team culture is collaborative, vibrant and sociable. We give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
- People Partnering - providing coaching and mentoring in all areas of the employee life cycle, being the escalation point when necessary.
- Talent - leading the talent review process to drive succession planning and proactive talent management
- People Operations - taking an innovative approach to best operational practice with our processes, policies and procedures. Ensuring all HR and administrative processes run efficiently, from payroll, onboarding and data integrity with HRIS.
- D&I - our people are at the heart of what we do. Continuing to build and innovate our culture and engagement
- Talent Acquisition - sourcing, attracting and recruiting the best talent; being a brand ambassador and driving recruitment excellence.
- You'll be a solid senior HR generalist looking for a step-up or already be leading a team
- You'll ideally bring a range of experiences to the table from larger business structures to SMEs
- You'll be a creative problem solver, and bring innovative strategic direction and strive to always do things differently and better
- You'll inspire the team and help bring the people strategy and culture to life
- Have previous experience building excellent relationships and credibility with leaders based on commercial understanding and the ability to go beyond just delivering defined HR solutions
- Credible business partner, role model and leader; able to develop and challenge the HR team and senior leadership team
- Coaching skills
- Good commercial understanding and a genuine curiosity about the business
- Responsible for providing meaningful HR metrics, data and insights to the business
- Lead business change initiatives, i.e. TUPE, restructures
- Sound knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven experience influencing the people agenda
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Pragmatic and able to achieve the needs of the business in the best way possible, whilst managing the constraints of policy and legislation
- Professional integrity and confidentiality is key at all times
- CIPD-qualified ideally
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
- Comprehensive training and development
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work!