HR Operations Manager
Are you a dynamic and service focussed HR Operations professional looking for your next challenge?
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Operations Manager will be responsible for providing expertise on the effective delivery of our day to day HR processes and activities. including maintaining our employee data and providing an engaging and customer-focussed service. This includes ownership of key parts of the employee lifecycle, including salary benchmarking, payroll and benefits, visa sponsorship, performance appraisals and management of our HR systems.
The HR Operations Manager will provide subject matter expertise for HR policy, legal requirements, developing policies specific to compensation, employee benefits, and leaves of absence. They will be responsible for providing meaningful HR metrics, data and insights to the business.
This is a key role within the wider HR team. Together HR/L&D/Comms will continuously seek improvements in how HR supports our business.
We are open to flexibility, including shortened working days.
Why work with us
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 70 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
Haymarket has been creating world-class, media for over 60 years. Our 1,400 talented professionals make us who we are. We invest in our talent: creating great workplaces, great learning opportunities and great careers. Our team culture is collaborative, vibrant and sociable. We give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
- Management of HR systems, ensuring we exploit their full capabilities and get the most out of our suppliers (Faircare, Business Systems, Hireserve)
- Continual review and updating of contracts and other HR-generated documentation
- Review of and management of HR policies and procedures & best practice
- Implementation of Service Level Agreements for the HR function
- Management of the Payroll process and outsourced provider relationships
- Management of compensation & benefits windows
- Administration and case management of long term absence, including PHI
- Responsibility for overseeing the HR Inbox ensuring queries are forwarded to the most relevant person and responded to in a timely manner
- Acting as the key point of contact for all visa and secondment arrangements
- Support the implementation of our equality, diversity and inclusion policies and procedures
- Monitor the quality of services delivered (i.e. timeliness, accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness) and take prompt, corrective action in any cases of dissatisfaction or issues with delivery
- Involvement in business change initiatives, working with the HRBP, e.g. TUPE, restructures, redundancies
- Ownership of data protection matters, ensuring the team are compliant with relevant legislation and Company policy
- Responsibility for gathering and recording all annual appraisals and sharing of relevant insight with the HR team and the business
- Training of new managers on HR systems and processes
- Ensure the provision of accurate, relevant people data to the business, providing commentary and analysis to contextualise and help stakeholders to define and implement suitable responses
- Management of all workers including casuals and contractors, in line with company policy and to include managing the SIM process and payroll for casuals.
- Keeps abreast of all legislative changes and identifies any potential impact on the internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Works flexibly as a team member, picking up generalist support when required, covering for absence and supporting various initiatives.
- CIPD qualified
- Sound knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice
- Ability to deal with situations of conflict and stressful discussions sensitively and effectively
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide deep insight to senior leaders, helping them to drive the people agenda
- Strong business writing, presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to build credibility and influence at all levels throughout the organisation
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Must be decisive and able to work under demanding conditions in a pressurised environment
- Position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong HRIS knowledge
- Strong organisational, computer and administrative skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- You will always be an ambassador for the wider HR team and Haymarket as a whole
- Pragmatic and able to achieve the needs of the business in the best way possible, whilst managing the constraints of policy and legislation
- Professional integrity and confidentiality is key at all times
- The motivation to anticipate obstacles and pre-empt potential issues before they arise
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
- Comprehensive training and development
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work!