District HR Lead - Chelmsford
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
If you enjoy getting the best out of people then we have a fantastic opportunity for an HR professional who wishes to volunteer with us covering Essex. Volunteering is a great way to enhance your career whilst supporting our managers!
As the District HR Lead, you help your District Manager and district leadership team do the best possible job of managing all the volunteers in your district. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise and lead a small team of HR volunteers. You will be required to attend District meetings, local training, attendance at welcome events and bi-annual HR training days in London which the latter are normally on a Saturday.
- You should be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of people
- HR or related experience in a commercial or voluntary organisation is essential
- You should have proven experience of effective and appropriate judgement and decision making in complex and difficult situations
- Good working understanding of HR processes
- You should live within the county of Essex
It would also, be desirable to have:
- Experience of communicating with both volunteers and employees
- Knowledge of St John Ambulance
- Experience of supervising a team of volunteers
- CIPD Level 5 or above
Expected time commitment: 40 hours a month (primarily 10 hours per week), normally this is over evenings and weekends.
From your initial application of interest, you will be invited to apply online
The closing date is Friday 1st November 2019 and interviews will be week commencing Saturday 12th November 2019.
This is a volunteer role and is unpaid although there are some expenses that may be claimed. This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
Apply for District HR Lead - Chelmsford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly