Head of Workforce
South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb) is an ambitious organisation with a commitment to improving and diversifying the services we provide to our local communities across Kent, Surrey, Sussex and parts of North East Hampshire.
Our recent amazing CQC result has seen us achieve an overall Good across the Trust with Outstanding for Urgent & Emergency care and Outstanding for Caring. So now the way forward is clear. We have recently agreed further plans to help us make further operational improvements, to ensure we continue to deliver high quality, safe and effective patient care, whilst continuing to transform our HR model of delivery.
- Develop and lead a customer focused and responsive team to transform and deliver proactive Resourcing, Service Centre (including managing the relationship with the outsourced Payroll provider), and Workforce Planning & Information services
- Proactively work in partnership with the Trust Leadership team to develop a Trust-wide Workforce strategy
- Identify future trends and skills gaps to inform demand planning to deliver a workforce service that supports the Trusts’ business plans and long-term strategic aims
- Advocate change and modernisation, championing best practice, in line with national recommendations and practices
- Influence key business decisions to ensure the most effective and streamlined workforce strategies are delivered consistently across the Trust
- Champion the development of the team to maximise performance and consistently achieve high standards of delivery
- Ensure that all associated processes and information is streamlined and automated to ensure an improved experience for Trust managers, staff and candidates
- An exceptional leader with demonstrable experience of continuous professional development in Human Resource Management
- Flexible leadership style with strong influencing skills in order to inspire a large multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed team
- Experience of building strong relationships, successfully managing a large budget and delivering value for money services whilst working at pace
- Proven experience in leading the development of workforce strategy and plans
- Expert knowledge of workforce analytics / metric
- CIPD qualified