HR Operations & Insights Manager
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities, as well as excellent benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
As part of the People Management Team, you will lead the delivery of operational HR Services to the business and the production and analysis of people metrics and insight.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing the secure collation, processing and updating of all employee information, including payroll services in line with GDPR regulations
- Managing all employee lifecycle activities, including contract changes, job changes, employee benefits and payroll administration
- Ensuring that the CIPD complies with appropriate employment legislation for the countries within which it employs staff
- Ensuring that core HR services operate with appropriate Service Level Agreements and with a customer-first ethos
- Ensuring the delivery of an effective support service through associated HR systems, including absence management and core staff information management
- Overseeing contracted services as part of HR operations, such as the pension provider, payroll services and other employee benefits, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness
- Managing ad hoc HR operational projects where assigned, including budgetary management allocated to such projects.
- Payroll management for CIPD’s offices around the world
- Managing the annual salary review process for CIPD’s offices around the world, ensuring that information is accurate and relevant to local economies
- Contributing to policy development, review and implementation
- Engaging with external parties on a wide range of HR service and data insight requirements, ensuring that complex information is communicated in easy-to-understand ways through effective communication
- Leading the production of internal and external reporting on CIPD’s people, such as the appropriate section of the Annual Report
- Leading the CIPD’s internal job evaluation framework, ensuring that fairness and consistency is maintained, and discrepancies appropriately challenged and resolved
- Maintaining procedural and process documentation for internal colleagues, providing guidance to junior HR colleagues on legally compliant approaches
- Ensuring compliance to audit and legal requirements relating to the management and employment of staff and be the lead contact authority in the event of any audit of HR services and processes
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Excellent leadership skills
- Data analytics and generation of insight
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-specialist audience
- Knowledge of UK payroll management and legislation
- Strong numerical ability
- Ability to use HR IT systems and implement changes
- Process improvement methodology
- Knowledge of Hay Kornferry job evaluation or similar
- Experience of re-designing procedures and practices
- Negotiation and management of contractual arrangements linked to internal / externally delivered services
- CIPD qualification or similar (desirable)
Please note, this advert is due to close on Wednesday 23 October 2019.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible