Head of People
4 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
Job Title:Head of People
Reporting To:Finance Director
Location: ukactive offices, Bloomsbury Way, London
Contract Type: Permanent & willing to consider 3/4 days part-time
Salary:Full time equivalent £ 50,000 p.a. + Annual Bonus scheme
ukactive is a commercially minded not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often. We are looking for an experienced HR professional to lead on Human Resources planning and delivery for ukactive. A particular focus will be on emdedding a purpose led culture creating high development opportunities for a team of committed people.
As Head of People for ukactive, you will translate ukactive strategic requirements into effective HR practices across the organisation & have responsibility for leading on implementation of all HR initiatives. You will be expected to work with management colleagues to deliver a HR service in line with the needs of ukactive.
Working day to day with sensitive people management issues, you’ll be expected to influence the management team and deliver flawlessly on the People agenda. You’ll own core HR processes, drive recruitment, people development and will implement programs to ensure that we retain the staff that are critical to the future success of the organisation.
Reporting to ukactive Finance Director, you will be a part of ukactive Senior Leadership team and member of the ukactive People Board, and will be supported by an HR Coordinator and wider organisational teams. You will be a confident HR professional generalist, having led HR delivery for a large employee group independently or for a small organisation as a stand-alone HR Manager.
- HR Strategy and Planning
- Work with Finance Director and ukactive Executive Team to develop an annual HR plan and strategy for the organisation in line with the Business plan and wider organisational strategy.
- Partner with Senior Management colleagues in implementation of the strategic HR Plan, projects and initiatives at ukactive to positively add value to both our business and employees.
- Organisation Strategy and delivery:
- As member of ukactive Senior Leadership Team contribute to the organisation plans and growth to ensure that the wider organisational goals are achieved.
- Provide leadership and advice on talent development, & identify the best options to leverage ukactive talent.
- Work with the Executive team to ensure ukactive organisation structure supports organisational strategy.
- Manage the entire life cycle of the employee:
- Lead on all Recruitment for ukactive from authorisation of positions to offer closure.
- Ensure Recruitment standards / processes are adhered to and regularly reviewed and a pipeline of quality candidates maintained.
- Ensure successful on boarding of new hires to enable a smooth integration in to the organisation in the first 6 months in post.
- Continuously refresh and update the ukactive on-boarding process to ensure it continually meets the goals of individual teams.
- Lead on the 6 monthly Engagement survey, reporting and action planning with the outcomes reported to the People Board.
- Professionally and sensitively conduct Employee exit interviews.
- Utilise the People Board in ensuring suitable recommendations are actioned and communicated to the wider organisation.
- Lead on Development of new initatives, policies, programmes and development of processes based on feedback from organisation.
- First line of support and advice to managers for any employee relations issues, including developing best practice policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage difficult and sensitive conversations in a professional manner.
- Implement & continutally refresh employee wellbeing programme as part of the People Board, in collaboration with Head of Workplace Wellbeing and Internal Wellbeing Lead
- Support development of mental health strategy for employees as part of Mental Health sub-committee
- Ensure effective administration of ukactive benefits suite; continuously look for creative opportunities to increase ukactive benefits offering.
- Lead on development of HR Co-ordinator to maximise potential of the role.
- Ensure clear 90-day goal plans for all new starters are in developed with Managers and are captured via Clear Review performance management system.
- Support Managers in ensuring that Personal Development Objectives (PDO’s) and KPI’s are in place, through utilisation of the Clear Review platform.
- Identify role based training opportunities to support individual PDO’s.
- Lead on succession planning for ukactive and ensure development of key players to take on larger organisation roles.
- Lead on development and communication of policy & process changes.
- Provide regular organisational updates to the wider teams.
- Support ukactive Social Committee on Awards & Recognition programmes to ensure successes are celebrated and communicated across the organisation.
- Lead on ukactive Reward processes, approvals and delivery, including quarterly pay reviews, supporting key decision making by People Board
- Formulate and action organisational bonus, commission and special incentive plans in line with organisation requirements.
- Conduct annual benchmark of pay & benefits in line with with the sector.
- Support Finance Director in producing accurate and timely information for ukactive Remuneration Committee.
- Maintenance of employee records & contracts as per HMRC guidelines.
- Maintain employee documentation and paperwork in line with changes and ensure audit readiness at all times.
- Ensure appropriate actions are conducted in line with employment law in cases of absenteeism, disciplinary and performance issues.
- Oversee outsourced monthly payroll processing (Moorepay), ensuring that accurate information is provided in a timely manner.
- Advise managers on use of services of non-employees e.g. Consultants, Contractors, Temporary Workers etc,and support them to assess the value generated by such individuals.
- Budgeting and tracking
- Ownership and management of HR Budget.
- Support Finance Director with production of annual payroll budget and quarterly reforecasting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of Human Resources management experience.
- Strong People Development focus – L&D experience would be desirable
- Understanding of Purpose-led cultures.
- Good understanding of the HR legal framework.
- Degree educated. Associate CIPD member status/ Masters Degree in Human Resources is mandatory.
- Line management experience would be advantageous.
- It would be beneficial to have an interest in the fitness / activity sector.
Apply for Head of People
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly