4 days left
- Full Time
About Network Rail and the Department
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions from technical and vocational skills, through to professional development, safety, leadership, new entrant programmes and higher education designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance across the business. Everything we do is to support our safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
The Training Analysis & Design team scope and validate training requirements across the organisation which are the outcome of various forums or reviews that have taken place. The team will analyse the learning needs to inform a new training design or maintain existing designs.
This team would be suitable for individuals that are passionate about training process analysis.
To provide the analysis and design for the learning and development solution, in accordance with Network Rail’s agreed quality and safety standards, in order to maintain Network Rail’s reputation for producing high quality creative and cost-effective training solutions.
- Analyse training, assessment, and assurance requirements using approved Network Rail tools and practices for assigned projects in order to recommend creative, cost effective solutions that meet prevailing organisational imperatives and learner needs.
- Provide instructional design expertise for the analysis, design and implementation considerations, of learning and assurance solutions to agreed time, budget, and quality standards, for use in online, blended or face-to-face events.
- Lead training design workshops to agree design specifications, technical requirements, and deliverables. Comply with Network Rail safety, branding, design, accessibility, and diversity and inclusion policies as well as technical guidelines.
- Interface professionally and communicate project progress as required to the relevant Portfolio Manager, the Network Rail Training senior leadership team, and subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Continuously review the effectiveness of analysis and design activities to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency, incorporating lessons learned into future projects.
- Proactively research new training delivery methodologies, and demonstrate application of this knowledge when evaluating training design options.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in designing, developing, and implementing creative, innovative and effective learning and development solutions, across a diverse range of disciplines and delivery methods
- Experience of successful customer/stakeholder relationship management skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate personal accountability when striving for results, whilst consistently role-modelling core behaviours of collaboration and customer-centred decision making.
- Assess and challenge risky or unsafe actions, or poor behaviours of others.
- A learning and development qualification (eg, CIPD)
- A relevant project management qualification (eg, APM)
- Knowledge of the railway industry or a related engineering discipline
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 21st November 2019