HR Advisor (maternity cover)
1 day left
- Full Time
HR Advisor - Full time on a 1 year fixed term contract (Maternity Cover)
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a HR Advisor who will be working closely with the HR Business Partner to provide a strategic, effective and comprehensive HR service to ensure we deliver our People Strategy.
Your role as a HR Advisor will be to support managers and senior managers in all matters relating to human resources. You will advise on disciplinary, capability, grievance, whistle blowing, absence and similar cases in accordance with Hightown`s policies and procedures and good practice.
You will also be involved in assisting and supporting the business to manage team changes, restructures, redundancies, relocations and transfers.
We are looking for an individual who is CIPD qualified with good up to date working knowledge of employment law and other related legislation and regulations. You will have also worked at an advisor level within a HR generalist role and can demonstrate managing a range of HR cases. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £39,513pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the links below and complete an online application form.
Please also click below for a copy of the HR Advisor job description.
Closing date: Sunday 17th November2019
Interview date: Monday 25th November 2019
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
More searches like this
- Housing Advisor Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Charities, Not For Profit Advisor Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Services Advisor Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Public Healthcare Advisor Talent & Development / Performance Management jobs in Hemel Hempstead