Head of UK People Management
Want to use your skills in people management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Head of UK People Management to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
WaterAid is a Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation and your role will be to build on our strong employer brand and high levels of staff engagement to enable us to attract and retain the very best talent to achieve our mission.
Leading our people management strategies in the UK, your initial focus will be to oversee our move to new offices, ensuring we create a great working environment where our passionate staff can contribute their very best towards our mission.
You will be a trusted advisor to senior leaders and will lead, develop and coach the UK People and Property teams.
As a member of WaterAid's Global People Senior Leadership Team, you will contribute to the development of our global people strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and implement the people strategies and change initiatives that are needed to enhance skills, engagement and performance across the UK
- Lead an established project team to ensure the delivery of the UK's workplace strategy and office move to Canary Wharf (due in summer 2020), ensuring that we move into the new office in line with the planned timeline and budget and maximise on the opportunities the new office brings
- Ensure that all UK people activities and ways of working are in line with our People Promise (our employee value proposition) and values
- Support managers to maintain and further enhance our high employee engagement levels, developing action plans from the results of our regular employee surveys
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with directors and other senior leaders, ensuring a good understanding of their business plans, priorities and challenges and ensuring the people implications of these are realised and acted on through the business partnering function
- Provide joint leadership and coordination of the wider Global People Team. As a member of the Global People Leadership Team, the postholder may be asked to provide occasional strategic support to the CEs of other WaterAid member organisations e.g. Sweden, the US and Canada
- Lead on our annual pay review including presenting to the Board's Remuneration Committee
- Effective arrangements for the management of the health, safety, security and welfare of UK based staff, including business continuity planning
- Deputise for the Director of People and Organisational Development as required
To be successful, you'll need:
- A strong understanding of what makes great workplaces and the ability to identify what specifically contributes to making WaterAid a great place to work
- Proven experience of successfully managing change whilst maintaining high staff engagement
- A passion for WaterAid's mission. A global mindset with an ability to identify the priorities and challenges that arise as we accelerate progress towards our vision, and the ability to respond with an integrated approach
- To be clear, persuasive and influential. Able to provide effective support and challenge to senior managers
- To have strong communication and interpersonal skills and to be flexible, resourceful and innovative
To see the full job description and person specification, please click 'Apply'.
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Applications will close one minute before midnight on the 17th November. Applicants should be available on w/c 27th November.
This role is fixed term for 12-15 months maternity cover. Salary is circa £65,000 with excellent benefits.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- A generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season ticket loan
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf in the summer of 2020. Therefore the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role. In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org